PDA

View Full Version : I bought a 50 year commerative Ruger Super Blackhawk and......

Four Fingers of Death
03-08-2015, 05:25 AM
I forgot to take photos!!!!

It is the one with gold inscription on top of the barrel and two gold rings Round the cylinder. It also has an amazing blue job.

The private dealer was selling it for the price of a new Blackhawk. My friend handled it first and went to cock it and I stopped him. The dealer said it was ok because he had put thirty rounds through it. I was amazed tht be had shot it and after finding out the price, I grabbed it. I will be shooting it, but I think I will treat it a bit better than my other guns, lol. I also picked up an early 1B in 243 with a very nice 3-9 Leupold scope. Good day all round.

jonp
03-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Red Box? I've got a 357Mag 50th. First thing I did after cleaning it was load up some Unique and start shooting. Your going to love it. Congrats

Four Fingers of Death
03-08-2015, 06:52 AM
I'm sure I will. Thanks. By the way the way the No1 was built in 1975.

minmax
03-08-2015, 07:35 AM
"Good day all round" Sounds more like a GREAT DAT

RED333
03-08-2015, 10:03 AM
I forgot to take photos!!!!

You are SO fired from ever posting till you get some pics up.
Congrats and please post some pics.

Larry Gibson
03-08-2015, 11:46 AM
.357 or .44?

I've a .44.

Larry Gibson

Four Fingers of Death
03-08-2015, 01:25 PM
44, but with a bit of gold bling.

Larry Gibson
03-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Mine has the gold lettering/inscription on the barrel but no rings on the cylinder. It is a marvelous shooter though!

Larry Gibson

Four Fingers of Death
03-09-2015, 08:24 AM
I rang my friend the dealer and he will bring the gun to the range on Wednesday so I will get some pics then.

Do we still have to go through the photo bucket BS?

Larry Gibson
03-09-2015, 10:24 AM
I use "Go Advanced" and then use "Manage Attachments". Works fine for me.

Larry Gibson

Four Fingers of Death
03-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks, I'll check that out once I have some photos.

bigted
03-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I took a genuine 1 of 5000 Colt second gen 7.5 inch commemorative of Sam Colts life and took the bugger rite out and shot it. very nice shooter and I am well pleased that the cherry got took so now it is just another pretty face to enjoy handling and shooting. already had some cylinder ring from turning ... so I just took it the next step. woulda done so anyway as it don't do anybody any good locked up in its pretty wood presentation box.

sides ... like you ... I got a pretty smokin deal on it.

now it wears a Uberti 1860 grip frame just as my 5.5 inch 357 does { there be photo's of the 5.5 inch Colt on another post here in the handguns area ... will get some photo's of this pretty 7.5 inch beauty soon as I can}. those make my Colts feel very comfy to handle and shoot as my huge mitts just gobble up the space on a standard Colt SAA grip.

sounds like you got a real keeper there Fingers. love to see the photo's when you get em ready. would love to hear how accurate she shoots as well.

Vulcan Bob
03-09-2015, 11:57 PM
That's a nice one, Ruger did a nice job with them. I have one of the 50th anniversary of the .44 Mag jobber's. What attracted me to it was the Flat Top, what made me buy it was the fit and finish and the incredibly smooth action. When you cock it feels like it's rolling on oiled ball bearings with light effort and a passable trigger pull as well. I don't know if all the anniversary models are like this but it has nothing to be ashamed of compared to most other SA revolvers "Freedom Arms Excepted". Shoots real nice too. Enjoy that one!

Four Fingers of Death
03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
In the rush to get to the range today I forgot my camera and even my phone. My friend took a few photos, but he is pretty challenged in this area and I haven't received them yet. Drat!