PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Barrels A Stand Up company.

lesharris
03-07-2015, 11:20 PM
I recently bought a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for my Glock 26 so I could "safely" shoot cast bullets. I shot cast from the original Glock barrel without any problems. The Lone Wolf barrel shot both cast and J-bullets with better accuracy, however sometimes the cast bullets would not fully allow the slide to go into complete battery.
After investigation with no powder or primers, dummy cast rounds, coated with a black magic marker, I noticed the lands were slightly touching the lead bullet.
I called Lone Wolf and I sent the barrel and dummy rounds to them. In a little over one week I received my corrected barrel back with no charges and an explanation as to the work done.
It seems the feed ramp and chamber and throat area needed to be highly polished.
The dummy rounds and new rounds feed completely to battery.
It is nice to know companies still stand by their products.
Les Harris.

tazman
03-08-2015, 01:06 AM
That is good to hear.

Adam10mm
03-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Didn't come easy. Three years ago I started a thread on another forum about this well known issue with LWD barrels. It took a lot of work, but things got changed because of the thread. They didn't understand their customer base. Glad they took care of the issue for you.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414663&highlight=lone+wolf

Animal
03-09-2015, 10:47 AM
Didn't come easy. Three years ago I started a thread on another forum about this well known issue with LWD barrels. It took a lot of work, but things got changed because of the thread. They didn't understand their customer base. Glad they took care of the issue for you.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1414663&highlight=lone+wolf

That is great to hear. It would be nice if government bodies would take that as a model of how to operate. Listen to the people.
It must have done some good. I gave my dad a Lone Wolf barrel for his Glock for fathers day. He had bragged about an awesome deal he got on a 2000 rounds of cast "remanufactured" ammunition at a gun show. The barrel seemed to work great for him. He doesn't cast or handload. I almost had a heart attack when I saw the lead built up in his rifling. Lone Wolf took care of that real nicely. Now everyone is happy and safer.