PDA

View Full Version : Rce llc

phishroy
03-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi has any one heard from RCE LLC in the past month.
I have placed an order with Richard at the beginning of 2013 for a press and some dies.

I have had some communications with him along the way every few months or so , he would always reply to my email within a few days with the progress of my order.
I have tried contacting him several times in the past month or so by email and phone but no response.
Has anyone heard from him?
hope things are well with him.

goblism
03-06-2015, 08:59 AM
I had exchanged several emails with him about 3-4 weeks ago, fairly quick in his responses too

just bill
03-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Ordered 30 cal jackets couple weeks ago, sent what he had, not what i ordered.
Bill

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-06-2015, 02:14 PM
You placed an order 2 years ago and haven't received your order???

Do you mean 2015?

phishroy
03-06-2015, 05:26 PM
You placed an order 2 years ago and haven't received your order???

Do you mean 2015?
order was placed at beginning of 2013, was warned in advance that dies would take a while to make.
several types of dies.
im ok with waiting as long is thee is communication so every few months i contact richard just to get an update and last update was just before Christmas and i was told that my order is almost done, just one more die left to make.
responses were within a few days always but last month i sent him an email and haven't heard back.
sent 3 more emails since and tried calling a few times with no reply. i know that he isn't usually available to answer the phone since he is busy working.
im just hoping all is well with him and want to find out if other people have been in touch with him in the past month.

03-06-2015, 05:33 PM
I tried calling 4 days in a row and all I ever got was a answering machine the following week I got a lady answered but not him

midnight
03-07-2015, 09:52 AM
I talked to Richard around the 1st of March. He is making a 30 cal set for me. He said he was working on some 458 dies and should be finished with them about now. Then he was going to work on a bunch of 30 cal dies some of which were very unusual that required a lot of work. He said he would ship them as he finishes them. Even when you order something that is "off the shelf", he still has to find the time to set all your dies up and make bullets, seated cores, drawn jackets or whatever, measure everything, clean them up, pack and ship them. This takes a bit of time but at least you know your dies will produce the thing they were designed for. Last Fall I ordered a 5 die set that he had on special because he wanted to get rid of it because it had been on the shelf quite a while. Well it turned out that three of us all wanted that set and he only had the one. He actually made me another set and sold it to me at the special price and also threw in another point form die at a very steep discount. I will always deal with Richard. I believe his workmanship and design are the best out there.

Bob

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Yeah I am a bit disappointed as I ordered a Walnut Hill on 2/11 and it is shown as "In Stock" on the website. If it is "In Stock" I wonder what takes so long to ship it? I would think that boxing it up and shipping it may take all of about 10 minutes? All well, life goes on LOL!

jcw1970
03-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Ordered jackets and lube from him. Got them in less than a week.

phishroy
03-09-2015, 01:40 PM
so by the sounds of things he is still in business. just wanted to make sure since i havent heard back form him since Christmas.

midnight
03-09-2015, 10:21 PM
sgt.mike is right about using e-mail to talk to Richard. His hearing is as bad as mine and that's pretty bad. He told me he much prefers to communicate using e-mail.

Bob

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-10-2015, 06:17 PM
I emailed Richard this morning inquiring about estimated ship dates on presses. He told me that he hoped to get presses shipped out this week, BUT his vertical mill is down and he has to get that up and running as his first order of business. I understand how wrenches can get thrown in plan now and again. I just hope it isn't an excuse. Now, back to waiting.... :bigsmyl2:

goblism
03-11-2015, 12:44 AM
I used my walnut hill for the first time tonight, man what a smooth setup, leaps and bounds above what my lee classic cast was.

First few 45 cal bullets fresh from the press, first ones were too light (was estimating using 40 cal cases, not real jackets) second ones were a smidge heavy at 245 grains. Easy to make regardless with minimal effort.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa12/goblism/IMAG0881_zpsfza3irde.jpg (http://s203.photobucket.com/user/goblism/media/IMAG0881_zpsfza3irde.jpg.html)

03-11-2015, 01:46 AM
nothing beats a real swage press

blltsmth
03-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Bought a variety of jackets from him and seems he was out of town on business for a while. Sent me an e-mail that they were being shipped out and got them 3 days later. HANG IN THERE!!!For a one man shop he does things pretty well, more than I can say about his brother! It will get done! Don

pertnear
03-11-2015, 11:40 AM
I got my Sea Grit press from Richard in Dec 2014 & I got my .224 dies/punches in Feb 2015. Everything is top notch & the SG press is a real gem!!! Email correspondence was quickest but I have got him on the phone a few times.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-11-2015, 04:33 PM
How long after you ordered did you receive your press? THanks!

goblism
03-11-2015, 06:25 PM
I got mine from a member on here, he has more presses for sale too

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-13-2015, 01:44 PM
Not to sound confrontational but no one is really dogging him here. The OP inquired because he hadn't heard from him in a while. I inquired because I ordered a press that was shown as "In Stock" 33 days ago and it hasn't been shipped yet. I am extremely patient and don't mind waiting. Richard has been nothing but good to me. I can day nothing bad about the man. And I DO understand the logistics of a "one-man shop." I have a few guys that work for me but some days it feels like it's a one-man shop around here LOL!

Guardian
03-13-2015, 07:01 PM
ICH,

I went through the same thing you are going through last year. I honestly didn't realize he was a one man shop, at the time. It took about a month and a half to get the "in stock" press and a few weeks more to get the "in stock" 6.5mm and 308 dies. In the mean time, I ended up buying a walnut hill press and 224 dies off a member. I'm glad I ended up with 2 presses and want to add a third.

Anyway, I got the stuff from RCE way faster than I did from another vendor. Swaging equipment is just slow to show. I learned that "in stock" means "shorter wait," not "now." In today's market, that is tough to understand. The anticipation is terrible, but you'll be all the more appreciative of it when it arrives. Patience is a virtue........I'm told.

phishroy
03-14-2015, 06:50 PM
just an update.

got an email back from Richard.
he mentioned that his computer was on the fritz and had to get a new operating system so hence the delay in getting back to with emails.
he is still in business and yes, he did mention the problems he had with his vertical mill.
ill keep on waiting in anticipation till the goodies arrive.

SBertram
03-15-2015, 02:03 AM
It's damn tough to get any real work done, and that's all he does, while you're on the phone or being interrupted by it. So stop bothering him, I'm waiting on an order. :)

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-15-2015, 09:09 AM
He rarely answers his phone anymore. I think he is getting to the point where he has a hard time hearing on the phone. Hard to believe after working in a machine shop, right?

He is usually pretty quick to answer emails. I have sent him 3 and he has replied back the same day, during his business hours. I would have expected a reply in the evening, after his work is done in the shop. Or maybe his secretary is putting out these emails? Doesn't really matter anyway. Richards a good guy and the wait will be worth it!

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-30-2015, 09:44 PM
Update: Received my Walnut Hill press today. It looks great and was definitely worth the wait. Can't wait to get it set up!

goblism
03-30-2015, 09:58 PM
You are in for a treat with that walnut hill, absolutely love mine.

Now order up a set of RCE dies, they are very convenient

phishroy
06-30-2015, 01:15 PM
update: got a package last month which had the WH press and some of the dies.
once i inventoried the order i noticed that there are punches, dies and jackets missing from it.

e-mailed Richard about it and i think he seemed to have forgotten about those items.
received an e-mail from him last week that he has all the items made and on the way to me.
got the package today and once i opened it up i found one jacket maker punch holder.
double checked, unwrapped every single bit of newspaper but no jackets , no dies.
sent him another email asking about it and will see what the progress is.

i understand he is a one man shop but im just worried that my order has been lost somewhere along the way.
my credit card has long been charged for all the items and just trying to make heads and tales of being able to get the items in.
order was placed at beginning of 2013, not sure if im just having bad luck or what.

sorry about the rant

jimrk
06-30-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm sure Richard will make it right.

guywitha3006
07-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Anyone remember how Richard ships presses (ie fedex/ups/usps)? Also anyone ever get a tracking number/shipping confirmation?

goblism
07-08-2015, 09:43 PM
I have a brand new press in the box in the garage that says it came from UPS

RLW
07-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Could someone PM me his email? I inquired about a press via his website a few days ago but no response. I am out of the country on Vacation so I would rather not call.

goblism
07-08-2015, 10:50 PM
pm sent with his info

rich.petkevis
07-10-2015, 09:22 AM
I ordered 400 jackets from him last week and they arrived yesterday. Maybe your order had out of stock items?

tiger762
07-10-2015, 12:25 PM
The stuff will get there. This isn't Amazon and there should be no expectation of swage dies being stocked off-the-shelf items. I order jackets too from time to time. Those apparently are in stock. Shrugs. Just glad he's one of a few making dies. When the Corbin brothers retire, then what? :O

goblism
07-10-2015, 05:35 PM
The stuff will get there. This isn't Amazon and there should be no expectation of swage dies being stocked off-the-shelf items. I order jackets too from time to time. Those apparently are in stock. Shrugs. Just glad he's one of a few making dies. When the Corbin brothers retire, then what? :O

We will be in trouble when they retire. I wish richard had an apprentice to take over for him but that is dountil to occur. Maybe someone will buy out his company or at least take over part of it. Again wishful thinking

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
07-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Voids are always filled. There will be hobby machinists always willing to make dies and make a few bucks on the side. No worries.

just bill
07-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Voids are always filled. There will be hobby machinists always willing to make dies and make a few bucks on the side. No worries.

How's the new lathe?

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
07-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Well, there have been a series of setbacks with the new lathe. The rpm display doesn't work and the 4 jaw chuck and faceplate are out of balance. Grizzly is making it right, but just stinks that right out of the box stuff isn't right. No biggie, you get what you pay for. I just can't afford an expensive lathe at the moment (especially since I just paid my tuition for my first semester in precision machining technology at the local college).

BTW, Bill, I looked for that case trimmer holder and I don't have one. Sorry!

phishroy
07-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Update:
Last items finally arrived.
Last night, July 22/2015 got the last items of my order and also got in a few jackets as a bonus free of charge to try out with the setup.
Order was placed at beginning of 2013, it took a while but luckily I was in no panic to get into swaging.
The products are top notch, built to very tight tolerances and every little detail is thought of.
Very impressed by the craftsmanship and attention to detail as to how each item is designed and functions, not only by the item itself but by the integration and functionality between the items.
For example:
I purchased a tubing jacket forming die set and it came with different top punches for deferent jacket lengths.
Each top punch has almost a complete air tight fit between the punch shoulder and the die body.

Now I just got to put these dies through the paces and get comfortable with them.
Like they say, good things come to those who wait…..