PDA

View Full Version : New Single Shot Rifle-Some Assembly Required

Johnw...ski
03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Well the major parts for this project have been aquired, the receiver and barrel,
now the barrel can be threaded to fit the receiver and chambered. The extractor can be fitted and installed, the firing pin hole can be drilled and the firing pin installed, plus all the other odds and ends to finish the barrel and receiver assembly. Also some suitable wood needs to be found for the stock.

I am still deciding about sights, I think I will go with a tang sight and install bases for a Lyman Target Spot or Unertl scope, that way I will still be able to do some bench rest shooting as well as some position shooting using iron sights.

When I see this project the barrel/receiver will still be in the white and the stock will be fitted to the rifle but only semi finished. I will do the final contour, finish and checkering. Then it will all go back for color case hardening and blueing.

I will post further updates as this project moves along.

John

Boz330
03-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Looking good John. Is that a kit action? I have a buddy that got one of the Frontier Hi-wall actions and is working on it.

Bob

TCLouis
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
looks PURTY!

AND like EVERY single shot should, your gun has a hammer.

Johnw...ski
03-06-2008, 06:32 AM
Looking good John. Is that a kit action? I have a buddy that got one of the Frontier Hi-wall actions and is working on it.

Bob

Hi Bob,
No it's not a kit, Dennis Feker in Oklahoma made a short run of them about 10 years ago and this is the last one.
John

exblaster
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Is your action a coil spring or a flat spring ? I picked up an action like that one last Saturday but on springs. Let us know how your project works out.

Exblaster

Johnw...ski
03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Is your action a coil spring or a flat spring ? I picked up an action like that one last Saturday but on springs. Let us know how your project works out.

Exblaster

There is a coil springfor the lever and a cable type spring for the hammer similar to what an AK-47 uses.

I will update as the project moves along.

John

Johnw...ski
03-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Well I have gotten Baldwin front and rear sights and a Lyman Target Spot Scope for load development. The Baldwin pics are from thier on-line catalog the pic of the scope is from the auction I just won.

MGySgt
03-08-2008, 08:41 AM
John - What Web site for the Baldwin Sights? I really like the looks of that front sight.

Drew