PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the laws regarding casting in Germany?

USAFrox
03-05-2015, 03:35 PM
Looks like Uncle Sam is going to send me to Germany near the end of the year, after some training in California. Anyone know what the laws are regarding casting in Germany? I know that firearm ownership alone is much more difficult, but assuming I can make that happen when I get there, will I be able to cast? Anyone know?

2muchstuf
03-05-2015, 03:39 PM
I think we have members from there.
Maybe one or more will shed some light for you.

jmort
03-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I would try and contact weiderlander
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wiederladen+tv
He do speak English and has videos in English

falmike
03-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Gun Ownership over there for US Military has become very difficult. Blackpowder weapons not as bad. Joining local shooting club and getting German Hunting License through rod and Gun Club helps the process greatly.

USAFrox
03-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. Just makes me sick to think about storing all my guns, ammo, and casting equipment for the next 3-5 years. First stinking California, then stinking Germany.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-05-2015, 08:48 PM
There are no laws or regulations in Germany regarding casting bullets for yourself. On gun ownership you must be a member of a shooting club to own a firearm and that is only where you can shoot. Sales, transfers of firearms especially to German nationals are strictly controlled. If you just walk into the woods and put up a target and shoot someone will call the polizei...They will come and confiscate your gun(s).If you are in the military I believe that your firearms and ammo must be kept in the "arms room" until you sign the stuff out for use. It might be different for any DOD civilians working for the govt. All firearms must be registered with the MP's. There used to be a system of Rod & Gun clubs on the various bases, but with the recent drawdowns who knows what prevails now. Hopefully someone who has been assigned there recently can chime in and update the current situation as it has been years since I worked there. LLS

freebullet
03-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. Just makes me sick to think about storing all my guns, ammo, and casting equipment for the next 3-5 years. First stinking California, then stinking Germany.

Wow, I couldn't have said it better. You have my sympathy.

From my limited knowledge on the matter it's expensive.