PDA

View Full Version : Saeco furnace value

engineer401
03-03-2015, 10:36 PM
A friend asked me to sell some casting equipment that he is tired of moving around the basement. I tried to talk him into casting but he is not interested. One of the items is a Saeco Melting Furnace. I cannot find a model number on it. I have no idea what this is worth. Can anybody help me with a value assuming it works? Please see the attached photos.

Thank you.

Le Loup Solitaire
03-03-2015, 11:07 PM
The Saeco casting furnace/bottom pour pot as some call it is the Model 24. It is no longer in production, having been produced in the 70's to some later date in the 80's or even later. It was one of the best pots manufactured along with the Lyman 61....both made by the same company. The value of one of these if it is in good working order would be $75 or $80 to $100-$110 maybe more depending on the condition of the wiring and all parts on board. You can start by plugging it in and see if it heats up. If there is any rust you can easily remove it with some steel wool. If the unit works it will be easy to sell as they are much sought after. LLS

engineer401
03-06-2015, 02:08 AM
Thank you. That helps. I have someone local who is interested.

minmax
03-06-2015, 02:39 AM
That's to bad you have a local buyer. Otherwise I would be one of the fist ones to jump on it. From the pictures it looks in great shape for it's age. I have seen them go
for more than $100, on Flea-Bay. Those were in very bad shape and had no cord to plug it in.