PDA

View Full Version : It is time for me to thank y'all

cbop
03-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I joined back in September of '13 and lurked around enough to gain enough knowledge and equipment to give this a casting thing a try. Finally, with that knowledge, I did my first boolets in August of last year for my wife's 38spl

Then, by October, I was already trying that powdercoating thing...

January came around and I had molds for my .45 and got some great powder from Smoke

Now, it is the beginning of March and I have this thing going

All of this was possible due to the knowledge I gleaned from this place. I now have one more question....
How much more money are you guys going to cost me?

runfiverun
03-01-2015, 12:47 PM
looks like your getting off pretty cheap so far.
I'm gonna go with about 10 times more than you have spent so far.
but it's like that purse that is on sale it will save you money by buying it.

bhn22
03-01-2015, 12:49 PM
We got you by telling you that it's fun, and that you'll save money.

While you were focused on the first part, you didn't realize that we lied to you about the last part until it was too late.

You've got a ways to go yet, I see LEE equipment & moulds. That will change too. The support group meets nightly in the chat room. Don't try to go it alone...

Buzz64
03-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Looks like you have it down. Watch out for NOE molds, you will get them quickly - unlike the really nice MiHec brass which takes awhile - almost two years waiting on one that closed about 3 weeks ago and still waiting on pp invoice. So, if you want to draw it out order a MiHec! By the way, I cast with the exact setup you have (Lee & PID) for three years with no complaints!