PDA

View Full Version : Found Unique, Bullseye, Red Dot, Promo, Longshot....

mfraser264
02-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Stopped at one of the LGS's this morning. They had 1 pounders of Unique and Bullseye, $19.99 per. Also had 8 pounders of Red Dot and Promo. Red Dot was $109 and Promo $95 if I recall correctly. Also there was Green Dot, several IMR's, Longshot, 2400, and several of Reloader powders. Best powder selection in the area I have seen in a long time. Primers were low but had been stocked heavily a few weeks ago. Not being extremely selective with this LGS you would not have an issue loading most any ammunition with what they had on hand.

Now, stopped down the road a few miles to another LGS and they only had 4 of the IMR's and 1 pound of H380 - nothing else. H380 was $22.99 plus the governor's cut, all they had was 1 pound, picked it up for my father and nephew loading the 22-250. They were complaining they could not get a distributor that had anything. This LGS said "no one was reloading or shooting" but they would not consider letting go of the partial bag of #2 lead shot?

So, powder is arriving in the West Michigan area depending on the connections the LGS has. As long as it is least cost I support the LGS and pass on mail order for powder and primers.

GhostHawk
03-01-2015, 10:09 AM
When supply is tight, demand rises, so do prices.

When the shelves are full and demand falls so do prices.

It is what it is. If you were smart and had good stocks going into this mess chances are it didn't hurt you too badly.
Guy's like me who had gotten out of the game, then back in are stuck, it costs what it costs. Still as long as you cast it is cheaper to shoot 9mm or .38 spcl than .22LR.

trapper9260
03-01-2015, 10:27 AM
I been at a gun show yesterday and a sporting good store also and none had the powders that is stated.Still short around here.To top it off at the gun show there was someone buying some ammo and the one that he was getting it from told the guy that ammo went up 3% today for how things are and the guy just aid ok and paid the extra 3%.Boy what bull is going on.The rest i seen you just pay what the price was.

30Carbine
03-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Yesterday stopped by the local ma and pop store found 1 pound of BE 32.99 , then one pound of 231 28.99 (ouch). got them anyway well because that's all they had.
then we went to cabelas found hp-38 21.99 each limit 2 that's all they let you have so I got 2 and the wife got 2 haha, also they had a lonely unique 1 pounder way in the back so got that also had to go out to the truck then back in to a different checker. haven't seen a 8 lb jug anywhere.

historicfirearms
03-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Do you mind sharing the location of the shop that had all the powder? I live north of Grand Rapids and would drive quite a ways to find some 2400.

Stopped at one of the LGS's this morning. They had 1 pounders of Unique and Bullseye, $19.99 per. Also had 8 pounders of Red Dot and Promo. Red Dot was $109 and Promo $95 if I recall correctly. Also there was Green Dot, several IMR's, Longshot, 2400, and several of Reloader powders. Best powder selection in the area I have seen in a long time. Primers were low but had been stocked heavily a few weeks ago. Not being extremely selective with this LGS you would not have an issue loading most any ammunition with what they had on hand.

Now, stopped down the road a few miles to another LGS and they only had 4 of the IMR's and 1 pound of H380 - nothing else. H380 was $22.99 plus the governor's cut, all they had was 1 pound, picked it up for my father and nephew loading the 22-250. They were complaining they could not get a distributor that had anything. This LGS said "no one was reloading or shooting" but they would not consider letting go of the partial bag of #2 lead shot?

So, powder is arriving in the West Michigan area depending on the connections the LGS has. As long as it is least cost I support the LGS and pass on mail order for powder and primers.