PDA

View Full Version : RCBS bullet puller vs. CH4D bullet puller

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Is the CH4D tool as good or better than the RCBS one?

shooter93
02-27-2015, 07:18 PM
While I don't have their bullet puller anything I have bought from them has always been well made and they are a very accommodating group also.

gwpercle
02-27-2015, 07:48 PM
The folks over at CH4D are first class. No first hand experience with bullet puller but every other product from them has been top quality. Got a problem....just call, they will solve it. They went above and beyond the call of duty to help me get two obsolete presses back up and running. Their loading dies are my first choice. It's just such a pleasure doing business with super nice folks who know what the heck they are talking about....and can and will actually help you. Order from them , it will be an enjoyable experience!
Gary

triggerhappy243
02-27-2015, 11:49 PM
Here is a thought. If you want an rcbs, call midsouth shooters supply, tell them you want the collet puller and whatever collets you need/want. They will hold your order til they have all your requested collets. I do this all the time.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-28-2015, 12:28 AM
Midsouth, due to their wholesale side and faith to their dealers, will not sell here last I knew.

VHoward
02-28-2015, 12:32 AM
I have purchased from Midsouth several times. They won't sell to you in Georgia?

triggerhappy243
02-28-2015, 01:39 AM
I think dave may be thinking of some other midsouth. I buy there all the time and have no restrictions whatsoever. They even know me by my first name.

Omega
02-28-2015, 01:49 AM
Midsouth, due to their wholesale side and faith to their dealers, will not sell here last I knew.When stationed at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah I ordered from there with no problem. Here is a link in case we are talking about different places: http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/000449440/Bullet-Puller-Without-Collet-

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Folks,

I'm interested in finding out about CH4D bullet pullers if I can and anyone owns the CH4D collet bullet puller.

winelover
02-28-2015, 08:47 AM
I have the RCBS collet type and it works well for jacketed. Will leave slight marks on bullets. Forget using it on cast. Really need to torque it down, if it will even grab the slick lead. I just use side cutters in a single stage press and reverse the stroke stroke. Boolits go back into the melting pot.

Winelover

lpspinner
02-28-2015, 11:17 AM
While I don't have the CH4D bullet puller, I use the RCBS ones and am always shopping for collets. I usually wait till I go to Sportsmens Warehouse to buy them, but they are alway out of stock of the one I'm looking for.

As for CH4d, I use their OLD case trimmer, made when they use to be In California. Now I can still buy parts from them and they have excellent customer service. They tell me when it will ship when I place my order and they don't hit my credit card till they do ship. Also, CH4D products come with a lifetime warranty and are made in the USA.

If I didn't have 2 RCBS pullers, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the CH4D one. The quality and support is there.

alamogunr
02-28-2015, 11:22 AM
Midsouth, due to their wholesale side and faith to their dealers, will not sell here last I knew.

You may be thinking of Natchez. They won't sell to Alabama, Georgia or Tennessee.