02-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Spock died.............................................. .:sad::sad::sad:

jakharath
02-27-2015, 02:34 PM
"He's dead, Jim."

It's a sad day.

aspangler
02-27-2015, 02:38 PM
He has departed for the long orbit. R.I.P. Spock.

richhodg66
02-27-2015, 02:42 PM
I must admit to being a die hard Trekkie. Never cared much for any of the follow up series, but the original is one of my favorites.

This saddens me very much, RIP Mr. Spock.

Hickory
02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Even Spock couldn't get out of this world alive. RIP.

country gent
02-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Wondering if he will come back like Spock did after genisis. Sorry to hear it

xacex
02-27-2015, 02:44 PM
Live long and prosper....

SSGOldfart
02-27-2015, 02:45 PM
at 83 it might have been a good deal for him I guess he's made his last beam me UP scotty call...God Bless&
RIP

mattw
02-27-2015, 03:18 PM
Live long and prosper.... Spock

This man is one of the most notable culture icons in my life. Right up there with Clint Eastwood, William Shatner and others of the time.

largom
02-27-2015, 03:21 PM
William Shatner is a very Anti-Gun advocate.

Larry

rockrat
02-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Just heard the news. Grew up with Star Trek and have enjoyed the movies, especially the last two, but still remember being glued to the TV when the origional came on. Remember Dad and I "discussing" the electronics and him saying it would never come to be and me taking the opposite stance.

R.I.P. Mr. Spock. Thank you for all you gave us.

It is a sad day indeed

Charley
02-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Star Trekkin'..."it's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim, it's worse than that he's dead, Jim, dead Jim, dead.

dakotashooter2
02-27-2015, 04:15 PM
So will they put him in a capsule and launch him toward Mars where he will be found alive when we try to colonize it...........?

Clay M
02-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Spock was my favorite of them all.

rosewood
02-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Star Trekkin'..."it's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim, it's worse than that he's dead, Jim, dead Jim, dead.
I remember that. Need to find it on MP3.

rosewood
02-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Sad thing is he was suffering from COPD I believe from smoking and he had quite like 30 years ago. Still can't get my dad to quit. He like many others insist it isn't bad for them.

Hardcast416taylor
02-27-2015, 05:11 PM

Larry

What does this have to do with Mr. Spock passing?Robert

RogerDat
02-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Believe it or not the man could really sing well. He and the guy that played Gomer Pyle USMC both had great voices. It was good to see Spock in the last couple of Star Trek movies, they were pretty good.

Hogtamer
02-27-2015, 06:17 PM
the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

geargnasher
02-27-2015, 07:40 PM
I believe we could say that he DID indeed "live long and prosper". He will be missed, none the less.

Yes, he has been known to sing on occasion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU)
Gear

geargnasher
02-27-2015, 07:41 PM
And he never lost his keen sense of humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs

Gear

fatnhappy
02-27-2015, 08:07 PM
fair seas and following winds...........

MaryB
02-28-2015, 01:00 AM
Live Long and Prosper Spock! I never missed Star Trek and have it on DVD

NavyVet1959
02-28-2015, 01:52 AM

Well, when you have hand held phasers, why do you need guns? :)

WILCO
02-28-2015, 10:50 AM
That was GREAT Gear! Thanks for sharing that! Laughed so hard, I think the neighbors heard me.

WILCO
02-28-2015, 10:51 AM
http://projectshanks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/leonard-nimoy.jpg

MrWolf
02-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Thanks Gear I remebered that one. Looked at a few others. He will be missed...

HeavyMetal
02-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Look around for some of his early stuff, THEM is a great 2 minutes in a war room set, I've also seen him in some early Buck Rogers and other Buster Crab movies.

He wil be missed by many RIP Leonard Nimoy

quilbilly
02-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Live long and prosper.... Spock

This man is one of the most notable culture icons in my life. Right up there with Clint Eastwood, William Shatner and others of the time.Agreed!

waynem34
02-28-2015, 07:34 PM
I allways liked the InSearch Of" series that I think he narrated.Not sure.Watched all the trek epesodes online.Started watching the next generation with Picard.

richhodg66
02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Look around for some of his early stuff, THEM is a great 2 minutes in a war room set, I've also seen him in some early Buck Rogers and other Buster Crab movies.

He wil be missed by many RIP Leonard Nimoy

THEM is a great movie and one of my faves. Until yesterday, I never realized he had a bit part in it. I must watch the movie more closely next time.

Clay M
02-28-2015, 08:24 PM
I guess I like the old Star Trek because it takes my back in time (66-69)
My life was small with very few problems..I had good friends and a great family..
Still had black and white TV,.Just the comfort of that period of time..
Now I have many problems that I am not away sure how to solve.. I loved TV back then..I truly hate it now..
Spock was why I watched Star Trek.

MaryB
02-28-2015, 10:20 PM
I liked Shatner until he came out for gun control...

smokeywolf
02-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Always enjoyed his acting. He made it seem so easy, so natural.

smokeywolf

NavyVet1959
03-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... You would think that he could arrange a ticket via Priceline...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/03/01/william-shatner-feels-awful-about-missing-leonard-nimoy-funeral/?intcmp=features

There’s a place Capt. James T. Kirk will not boldly go: To the funeral of his trusted science officer, Mr. Spock.

William Shatner said he can’t make the Sunday service in California for “Star Trek” co-star Leonard Nimoy, who played the half-human, half-Vulcan officer on the USS Enterprise.

“I am currently in FL as I agreed to appear at the Red Cross Ball tonight. Leonard’s funeral is tomorrow. I can’t make it back in time,” Shatner tweeted Saturday.

“I feel really awful. Here I am doing charity work and one of my dearest friends is being buried,” Shatner said of the actor he has stated was like a brother to him.

As a consolation, he proposed a gathering to honor Nimoy in Palm Beach.

“So maybe tomorrow we come together here and celebrate his life,” he wrote.

Nimoy died of end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Friday at his home in the Bel-Air neighborhood of Los Angeles.

He was 83.

I suspect that with as much money as Shatner made from the Star Trek movies and such, he could afford a last minute flight or even to charter a flight if he *really* wanted to.

pworley1
03-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Beamed up.

waynem34
03-01-2015, 05:13 PM
He has a leerjet.LOl Bombardier business aircraft.Prolly has pilots licence J/k He just ducking all the media and fans. Can't say I blame him much. I would still make a showing. Just for the family.

ohland
03-01-2015, 05:32 PM

Ah! We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill;
we come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, men.

fouronesix
03-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Yes, very sad to hear. RIP Leonard Nimoy. Scotty, Bones and now Spock.

I always liked his acting. Seemed to be a very disciplined actor. Also did a good job in some of his I&E work for NASA.

NavyVet1959
03-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Yes, very sad to hear. RIP Leonard Nimoy. Scotty, Bones and now Spock.

So, who's going to be the next to go? The Boozer? The Russian? The Token Black? Or the Queen?

(Did I miss insulting anyone?)

Artful
03-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Yeoman Rand is 84
Kirk is 83
Lt. Uhura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhura) is now 82
Chekov (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Chekov) is 78
Sulu is only 77 but isn't looking as healthy as I expect.

waynem34
03-01-2015, 07:53 PM
That was GREAT Gear! Thanks for sharing that! Laughed so hard, I think the neighbors heard me.

The neighbors hear me every time I >>>>>>>>...............Is this going to be a poll?

WILCO
03-02-2015, 12:51 AM
The neighbors hear me every time I >>>>>>>>...............Is this going to be a poll?

A poll on the subject of neighbors hearing you laugh loudly?

rosewood
03-02-2015, 07:46 AM
"technically, we are not inside yet". Now that is funny.

Lead Fred
03-02-2015, 08:26 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvO-8IvoCI

rosewood
03-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Yeah, I have seen that Shatner video and thought it was hilarious. But never determined if it was an attack on armed white men or an advocacy for the 2nd amendment. Now I just watched the Penn and Teller on the 2nd Amendment. I am now fans of them. :)

NavyVet1959
03-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Yeoman Rand is 84

I really only considered her a bit player, kind of like all the red shirts that get killed off on the Away Teams. So, just so she doesn't feel left out... Will the next one to die be the Token Blonde Bimbo? :)

My high school graduation class has a web site and they list all the alumni who have died over the years. As if the aches and pains of getting older didn't impress upon you your mortality enough, seeing all the people who you last remember as teenagers now dead really brings the point home.

Artful
03-02-2015, 03:37 PM
I really only considered her a bit player, kind of like all the red shirts that get killed off on the Away Teams. So, just so she doesn't feel left out... Will the next one to die be the Token Blonde Bimbo? :)

You must have missed the rest of the story - as Paul Harvey used to say...

Grace Lee Whitney appeared in eight of the first thirteen episodes; then was released from contract. She had reported that, while still under contract, she was sexually assaulted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault) by an executive associated with the series, and, later, in a public interview, she stated that Leonard Nimoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Nimoy) had been her main source of support during that time. She went into more detail of the assault in her book The Longest Trek but refused to name the executive, saying in the book, "This is my story, not his."

NavyVet1959
03-02-2015, 05:31 PM
You must have missed the rest of the story - as Paul Harvey used to say...

Grace Lee Whitney appeared in eight of the first thirteen episodes; then was released from contract. She had reported that, while still under contract, she was sexually assaulted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault) by an executive associated with the series, and, later, in a public interview, she stated that Leonard Nimoy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Nimoy) had been her main source of support during that time. She went into more detail of the assault in her book The Longest Trek but refused to name the executive, saying in the book, "This is my story, not his."

Yeah, I read that, but it still boils down to the fact that she was just there as "eye candy". The other blonde was dating Roddenberry, so her job was safe.

BAGTIC
03-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Don't see what Shatner's position on gun control has to do with Nimoy's death. For that matter I don't even know what Nimoy's position was. Furthermore 'Spock' did not die, Nimoy died. The 'Spock' character may yet be resurrected someday.

MtGun44
03-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Not a huge fan of the Spock character, actually. He hated his human half, was cold and
logical in all things, many times to his and the team's detriment and wound up
trying to work with the Romulans, IIRC, and was a sucker for them. And I do
recognize that Lenard Nemoy was not Spock, he is an actor.

I much more liked the Data character. Forever seeking human-ness and doing h
is level best to be good and represent what was and is good and fun about humans.