PDA

View Full Version : Who lives in the Cartersville GA. area?

blaser.306
02-26-2015, 09:52 PM
I was just asked by the boss today if I wanted to go to the US / Cartersville GA. to be more precise for some training. Naturally I accepted as any training ( and trip ) paid for by the company is always a good thing. I will be flying in on the 24th of March. Anyone that would be interested in a coffee perhaps?

Bohica793
02-26-2015, 10:51 PM
If you are flying in, I recommend you fly into Chattanooga and drive south as opposed to flying into Atlanta and driving north. About the same distance and the drive south is MUCH easier.

Houndog
02-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Sorry I'm too far away to meet for Coffee, but I can tell you that you WILL enjoy that area! There's a must eat there restaurant at the I75/ Cartersville exit (in the truckstop) if you want to sample some real Southern cooking! It is absolutely one of the best places to eat there is in that area. There's a bunch to see while you are there as well. Within 100 miles you can see Atlanta, (be careful there) Stone Mountain park (think Mount Rushmore of the south), the Ocoee river where they filmed the movie Deliverance and where the whitewater rafting for the Olympics was held, Chattanooga TN and Lookout Mountain, Fort Payne Alabama, (home of the band Alabama) and several other attractions. Just a little further west is Huntsville Alabama where you can go to NASA's space camp and see one of every rocket, plane, including an SR71 Blackbird, and one of the original space shuttles. Enjoy your visit and come back soon!

osteodoc08
02-26-2015, 11:55 PM
Exit 277 in acworth there is a new Cabelas. About 15 mins south of C'ville off 75. I live about 30 mins from cartersville. PM me more info about your trip and I'll look at my schedule.