PDA

View Full Version : Noe or Accurate mold for supersonic 300 BLK what design?

minmax
02-26-2015, 04:38 AM
I have yet to shoot my 300 BLK upper in my AR. It's a 16" barrel with carbine gas tube. I'm looking for 4-5 cav mould. to up production. This will be for punching paper and whacking steel. I want reliable cycling trans-sonic or super. Will probably end up powder coating, but first just lubing/alox.

runfiverun
02-26-2015, 10:59 AM
the mold you want for plain boolits and the one you want for p/c are not the same mold.
to get accuracy over a broad range of velocity you have to have a dimensional fit of the boolit.
once you start adding diameter to areas that are already big enough...

IMO people are going about the 300 b.o. in their AR's a bit wrong.
they need to be thinking about them as big 5.5.6's when it comes to boolit design and work with the run-up of the boolit by working on the nose design/throat relationship.

Moonie
02-26-2015, 04:18 PM
the mold you want for plain boolits and the one you want for p/c are not the same mold.
to get accuracy over a broad range of velocity you have to have a dimensional fit of the boolit.
once you start adding diameter to areas that are already big enough...

IMO people are going about the 300 b.o. in their AR's a bit wrong.
they need to be thinking about them as big 5.5.6's when it comes to boolit design and work with the run-up of the boolit by working on the nose design/throat relationship.

This really is a good idea. I've been using the Accurate Molds 245 for quite a while but the Lee 155 .312 does cycle better/smoother. I also have the A.C.E. 230 that has a better profile for feeding and it seems to be working very well also.

MT Chambers
02-26-2015, 05:05 PM
They're running a group buy over on NOE for the Eagan MX-2 196 gr. in gc or pb, .310 or .314. Accurate make excellent molds as well(and LBT).

minmax
02-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Thanks for all the info! I was thinking about 130-155gn boolit. I prefer not to add a step by PC. but I like the idea of keeping clean and not gum the works. I did a search for A.C.E. moulds. All they had was a facebook page. Someone asked if they where still in business back in November, there was no answer.

gixer454
02-27-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm going to try this one out for my 300 BLK.

http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php?topic=614.0

Jeff Maney
03-18-2015, 07:14 PM
I think you would like the performance of the Lee 312-155. My DPMS 16" carbine really functions well and usually less than 1 MOA at 100 yards.

Jeff

runfiverun
03-18-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't think Josh is making molds anymore.

the last ones he made were a 140gr design for the 300 b.o.
he put a square step on the front drive band which was a mistake for the semi-auto rifles, I tried to talk him into a slightly different design but he had the cherry already made up.
it's still a good design, and i'll see what it will do now that I have corrected the dimensions on the nose area of the mold I have. [should work well in my 30-30 bolt gun]
I wish I had the tooling and such to fix that front drive band angle though.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the info! I was thinking about 130-155gn boolit. I prefer not to add a step by PC. but I like the idea of keeping clean and not gum the works. I did a search for A.C.E. moulds. All they had was a facebook page. Someone asked if they where still in business back in November, there was no answer.

I don't think Josh is making molds anymore.
...snip

in the last week, a guy on one of the casting FB groups that I frequent, was complaining about a Fleabay vendor named A.C.E.co. He bought some gas checks from A.C.E.co on Fleabay in Feburary, paid and never got any GC's ...He sent messages and never heard back. I assume he started a Fleabay complaint?
ANYWAY,
It sure is too bad, Josh seemed like he had potential.

Stearns
04-20-2015, 02:42 PM
I think you'll find that one to have too long shank to keep the GC in, or at the base of the neck.

I dunno how accurate they are, but the NOE 311414 should work in the 300BO. In addition to the Lee 312-155 and 312-160, the Lyman 311672 is a good design that is accurate and feeds. The NOE 155FN tends to hit M4 ramps pretty hard.

Just curious at what oak your loading the Lee 155 to. I have not been able to get that to chamber properly in my 300 blkout. I size to .311. I have not tried to shoot them yet because I had bad luck doing a test chambering. I have seated them well past the crimp groove but they still hit when chambering and it's hard to pull them out.

armexman
03-02-2016, 12:57 PM
Stearns, try slugging your bore and then sizing smaller. I was loading .310's and tried a friends .309 sizer and am not experiencing any problems with chambering, even though 99% of my cases have turned outside case necks.