PDA

View Full Version : Need .45LC Carbide die set (beg, borrrow, trade?)

40-82 hiker
02-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Thanks Swamp! He has a die set for me to use.

I am in a bind and need some help/suggestions. I have promised a friend I would help him reload a few boxes of .45LC for his Blackhawk. He has never loaded before, and is not sure if he will like it (I am sure he will), or if he will have time to get into it (hope so). He has purchased all of the components, but I only now remember I sold my dies!!!! [smilie=b: I had a Ruger Blackhawk some decades ago and sold it. But, I had my dies, then remembered I don't... Sold them in the last couple of years to fund my shooting hobby (along with a bunch of other stuff!).

So, I cannot afford to buy a set for him to load a few boxes, and he doesn't want to invest in the dies until he sees where he is going with this pursuit.

Borrow? Borrow to buy if he wants them? Trade? Don't have much to trade... Not sure where to go. I know it seems tough that he is stonewalling on the dies, but each to his own. I do, however, feel responsible in as much as I told him to buy the components and we would load them. Pretty much on me for that the way I see it. And he's got a whole pound of Unique!

If you have a set setting around, and have an idea, post or PM please. Can't work or I'd just buy a set and tell him happy birthday or something.

As to the memory problem, send help! :veryconfu

Thanks.
Bob

swamp
02-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Bob,
I have a Lee set. I will loan them to you. I trust you will take care of them. If he decides he wants to reload we can work out a deal.
swamp

40-82 hiker
02-25-2015, 12:15 AM
Bob,
I have a Lee set. I will loan them to you. I trust you will take care of them. If he decides he wants to reload we can work out a deal.
swamp

Thanks Michael! I'll take you up on that. PM you shortly. Thanks.

Bob

cajun shooter
06-15-2015, 08:09 AM
This guy does not sound like a true friend as he is putting all of the work of finding dies on you and he does not care to put any funds toward the securing a set.
He needs his people skills worked on before learning anything about reloading.

40-82 hiker
06-15-2015, 05:58 PM
This guy does not sound like a true friend as he is putting all of the work of finding dies on you and he does not care to put any funds toward the securing a set.
He needs his people skills worked on before learning anything about reloading.

Everybody is different. Not trying to tell you about friendship, but I value my friendship with this gentleman, and understanding his reticence of certain things goes with the territory. He has done me many great favors, and this one on me is a favor in kind. Not sure how you would know he is not a true friend, as it is my honor to do this for him. Due to my disability and a recent bout of pneumonia on my part thrown in, we are only now getting around to doing some reloading for him.

Cajun Shooter, I'm sure there are things we all do that taken out of context sound odd to others. I'm sure I have done that myself.

I don't mean any offense by this response, but I did feel your post was somewhat out of place. Hope you don't consider my response likewise.

cajun shooter
06-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Given the information provided, I gave my feelings on the posting. If you would have said that you need to do a favor for a very true friend, I would of had a different answer. The way it was posted, I took it to say that the person was not willing to expend any time or funds for the project.
You have in your mind everything that has happened between the two of you, we only have the printed matter to go on. Read the posting as a complete stranger and see what you come up with.
I have given away hundreds of hours and equipment to others in my 68 years
on this earth without seeking any pay in return. If I was to post that I gave this friend some reloading advise but he does not want to pay for any dies to load, what would you think. Good Luck

Later David

BrassMagnet
06-16-2015, 08:15 AM
Some people have no funds to expend. For some, just buying some components for a couple of boxes of ammo is a major financial decision.

brstevns
06-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Some people have no funds to expend. For some, just buying some components for a couple of boxes of ammo is a major financial decision.Amen to that!

skeettx
06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
AND that is why George One Dollar Bill has a mission and a purpose !!!!

Mike

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/thumbs/One_Dollar.jpeg

brstevns
06-16-2015, 05:49 PM
AND that is why George One Dollar Bill has a mission and a purpose !!!!

Mike
Yes Sir, Without George I would have never been able to shoot my 43 Spanish RB