PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs does it again!

40-82 hiker
02-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Stop the presses! RCBS treats a customer the way a US company should, AGAIN!!!!

I just called RCBS for help, and was amazed yet one more time. I called them to say I need a decapping rod/assembly for an older ('78) .35/.357 carbide sizing die (my current decapper rod is integral with the expanding die - but want to do away with that one for a Lee flow-though die). I explained all of this, and the gentleman asked me what was on the die to indicate when it was made, and after telling him he said, and this is a direct quote: "We still have those, so give me your address and I'll get one out to you right away". I then asked what the charge is, and he said, again a direct quite: "There will be no charge. We'll be happy to get one to you for free." At least as close to the exact words as I can remember...

Wow! It has been many years ago that I had need to call them over a broken decapping/expander rod in a rifle die, and they did the same thing then. That, however, was a broken part. In this case, I just wanted something I never had! All of my dies are made by RCBS now but one, and of course I'll now have the Lee flow through die... This really made my day!

Anyway, I told the gentleman with RCBS that I was going to post this, and he seemed very appreciative, but I could tell he was not looking for it. What can I say that hasn't been said on Castboolits about RCBS customer service?

Bayou52
02-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Due to their outstanding customer service, I buy RCBS products to the exclusion of other brands.

RCBS gets my business the old fashioned way - they EARN it.

Bayou52

hound13
02-24-2015, 11:43 PM
I have the universal hand tool I broke the plastic insert on it and emailed rcbs and told them what happened , and like you they sent me the parts free of charge hats off to you rcbs !!!!!!

lpspinner
02-25-2015, 08:17 PM
RCBS knows how to treat and retains customers! They've done some many little things in addition to major things for me.

Jim_P
02-25-2015, 09:02 PM
I've been sold on RCBS for years. They are second to none I know of.

Recently, I purchased a 2000 Pro Progressive press via Brownells. It arrived and I could tell it had been opened. A plastic piece for the APS Strip Loader was missing and I sent an E-Mail via the RCBS web page outlining the problem. After two weeks of hearing nothing, I called. They said they'd take care of it right away and send the part I needed no charge. About a week later, I received the part. Very nice. All set and up and running.

Recently, I received a whole new APS strip loader referencing the original E-Mail (I had heard nothing regarding that E-Mail).

I sent it back with a note of explanation. It does work both ways in my opinion!

doc1876
02-26-2015, 01:07 AM
I really hate to burst your bubble, but the same thing happened to me, however it was Lyman, and Yes, totally replaced for free, even after I told them that I bought it at lease 2nd hand.
I think it is how you first talk to them that makes the difference, if you are demanding, they will blow you off

Doggonekid
03-04-2015, 11:22 PM
I must be hard on some of my reloading stuff. I know I have been on the phone to RCBS several times and they have always replaced my broken stuff. I'm sure that if I called and acted like an a$$ they might not be as receptive. Never the less RCBS customer service has a great reputation because they work hard to keep it that way. They will all ways have my business.

Pfiddy
03-05-2015, 06:19 AM
Ive had the same experience on little issues (like losing the priming rod in my hand primer). Easy to deal with and they look out for you even if its your own dumb fault

Dhammer
03-05-2015, 10:48 AM
You got lucky with Lyman!!! Emails, phone calls, creating a repair for service tag on line got me a big fat zero for a bran new tumbler that lasted two hours tops!! None of those methods every got me a response. Never could get a live person by phone calls either.
Not even in same league as RCBS in my humble opinion.

mold maker
03-05-2015, 12:39 PM
Similar experience on 3 occasions with RCBS. Always made good on guarantee for whatever reason needed. It does however matter how you approach them, or anyone else..

Nicholas
03-05-2015, 12:50 PM
In my case, a new automatic powder dispenser had a trickle tube that turned the wrong way. Call to RCBS was received by a real, helpful person. A shipping label was sent to me very quickly and then a replacement arrived as soon as one could hope with no cost to me. The replacement product has worked flawlessly. What impressed me most was the rapid turnaround for the replacement. Second, I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have to pay shipping for the return. Of course this was all handled the way any good company should operate. I can recommend RCBS without hesitation or reservations.