PDA

View Full Version : star binding

idahojackie
02-23-2015, 08:22 AM
ok I bought a used star sizer and its working now but on the bottom of the stroke it seems to bind and stick and seems to hit the lube arm very late in the stroke I cant seem to find an adjustment for this ...any ideas ...Thanks..

ReloaderFred
02-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Lube all the pivot points and slides. Then make sure your top punch isn't binding in the sizing die. Those are the common problems, but they do have to be kept lubed. There's more going on than just an up and down stroke.

There's a thread about this in the subforum on Star machines that you might want to look at.

Hope this helps.

Fred

dragonrider
02-23-2015, 01:16 PM
On the left side of the machine just below and behind the handle is a tube with a hex at each end. The cam on the handle hits one side of the hex and the pump arm on the other. This is an adjustment, hold one hex and turn the other and it will get longer or shorter depending on how much lube you wish to pump. Hope this helps.

rockitrob
02-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Length of the base punch might not be right for where you have the holes plugged on the lube die. I always try to position them to the upper part of the die when plugging the holes with the shot. Is the base punch hitting the die?