PDA

View Full Version : You might be a Swager if...

fng
02-22-2015, 09:46 AM
... you thought the Common Core controversy referred to cast vs wire.

Next...

Prospector Howard
02-22-2015, 10:27 AM
You're at the range and you are picking up .22 brass while everyone else there is looking at you like you're some kind of nut.

andyt53
02-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Or you see cartridge cases and wonder what kind of j-words you can make from it.

xman777
02-22-2015, 12:29 PM
You're able to recycle your homemade 300blackout brass clippings.

Danth
02-22-2015, 12:35 PM
you spend as much time explaining what swaging is as you do actually doing it

ncbearman
02-22-2015, 01:51 PM
.....you collect brass that you don't have guns for but hope to someday have the swage dies to make projectiles.

BT Sniper
02-22-2015, 05:17 PM
If you where still shooting while there was no ammo on the shelves. If you will still be shooting the next time there is no ammo on the shelves.

If you now shoot 22 cal bullets from 22lr brass because there is no 22lr ammo available.

If you empty a 30 round mag and smile at those at the range as they question how you could go threw so much ammo without a care.

If commercial match bullets have become your "fouler shots" or practice ammo.

aaronraad
02-22-2015, 08:48 PM
You actually know what the "S" stands for in RCBS;

There is at least one guy with the first name of Vernon you have respect for;

When you hear the name Barnes, it's not Orginials, X-Bullet, TSX or 'solid' anything that pops into you head. It's a tree stump, a drilled steel plate, a length of copper tube attached to the back of a Buick with a guy called Fred bringing up the RPM and easing off the handbrake;

You know what the letter "J" has in common with 4 guys that made lip-stick holders and another guy named Walt.

wonderwolf
02-23-2015, 01:58 AM
You know the difference between hydrous and anhydrous lanolin and your local pharmacist knows you're the only one special ordering it. (that and sodium silicate...and the "high proof" alcohol to go with the lanolin).

You have designed tooling to make tooling to make the tools you make the projectiles with (ball turning turrets for making reamers in my case)

If you try to purchase "ski plugs" in lots of 1000 or more.

You know the difference between "swage" and "draw" and find yourself correcting professionals.

last but not least.....if you ever thought this thing called "swagging" would save you money.........

anotherred
02-23-2015, 07:47 PM
You're at the range and you are picking up .22 brass while everyone else there is looking at you like you're some kind of nut.

I've been getting that lately.

Pipefitter
02-26-2015, 10:37 AM
If you have an "oven" in the garage that the temperature setting goes up to 2,000f
If you spend time calculating cost differences between copper tubing, J4 jackets and 40S&W cases.
If She Who Must BE Obeyed complains about finding fired rf cases on the kitchen floor with Her bare feet.
If you buy Lemishine, but there is no automatic dishwasher in the house.

PbHurler
02-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Someone tell you to "go stuff-it"

and your response back to them is "OK, I think I will"