PDA

View Full Version : Lube Question

kooz
03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I am new to casting and have only tried the LLA lube. I shoot mostly .44spl and .45 Colt Keith style bullets @ 850-1250fps and also some .45 ACP roundnose. I would like to try some lube that I can either push into the lube grooves by hand or pan lube and then run through a LEE sizer die. It seems that a lot of you like the Felix lube and the NRA 50/50 mix, could these be used in the fashion that I have described ? Also does anyone sell the Felix lube or is this a make it yourself only proposition? thanks

Lloyd Smale
03-03-2008, 06:16 AM
nra 5050 can be used like you are asking and felix lube is a homemade lube. I think felix did up a batch to sell at one time though.

357maximum
03-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Lars 45 who has a link at the bottome of this page makes a B.A.C lube that is a hybrid of his really good Carnauba Red and 50/50 lube that would fit the bill nicely. The price is right too.

Felix lube is a make it yourself only proposition, unless you can find a really kind member willing to pipe up and make you some. Personally I would go with the BAC lube, works well, panlubes well, and the price is definately right, especially if you have domestic tranquility issues to worry about with the lube cookin, and the inevitable mess associated with it all.

http://www.lsstuff.com/index.html

44man
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I used the wrong pan for my last batch! :neutral: It got hot too fast with the stove on low. I ran down to the basement for more ingredients and I smoked up the whole house. I had a heck of a time because I had to keep raising and lowering the pan over the fire.
I got kicked to the garage and my hotplate. :redneck:I heard about it all day.