PDA

View Full Version : pork and beans

carpetman
03-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I read of all the hassles people were having getting signed in here. I made it(of all people)first time. I wouldn't have posted this recipe---but in view of that,I am going to. Go to store and buy pork and beans. They come in a can. Take them home or wherever you intend to eat them. Open can. You can be creative and there are all kinds of ways to facilitate this. But in reality,a can opener is probably the best. To be noted if you are doing this on a picnic for example,dont bring along an electric can opener if electricity is not available. Booster cables wont work unless you have a dc can opener. You can eat them cold or heat them--that part is optional. Depends on your personal preference. You are ready to start. You will not receive an EMAIL telling you when to eat them. There are options. You can eat them right out of can or you can put into a bowl. A spoon works better than a fork as there is juice and that part is good to eat too. Some steps may have been omitted,if you have questions just ask. If you did come up with creative ways of opening the can,post them.

C1PNR
03-24-2005, 12:57 AM
If you did come up with creative ways of opening the can,post them.
Put the unopened can right next to the fire. Wait a while, then go find the beer cooler and wait there until the can opens itself. 8)

Works best in deer camp, about the third day there. :wink:

PPlinker
03-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Wow Carpetman, you might actually be onto a great weight loss recipe here. It would be successful for two reasons. First off if they can't get the can opened. :roll: Second, even if they do, nobody'd be too interested in seconds :lol:

Penny

Scrounger
03-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow Carpetman, you might actually be onto a great weight loss recipe here. It would be successful for two reasons. First off if they can't get the can opened. :roll: Second, even if they do, nobody'd be too interested in seconds :lol:

Penny

Have you tried his Breakfast Pizza Ala Gato ?

45nut
03-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Sure is nice seeing that handle active Penny,Long time no see.
I look forward to seeing a few of the pics of your pest control operations.

carpetman
03-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes indeed,good seeing you post here Penny. Ken,pest control pictures? You haven't heard? She is into just about everything and posts good pictures in several areas. Building tree stands,feeders,archery,checkering,trail cams, took a nice buck last year with a center fire and is amazing with an air gun. She has posted great pictures of all these things over at Accurate.

C1PNR
03-27-2005, 04:16 PM
And I promise not to call you a PPincher, either. :?

PPlinker
03-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Ha ha, c1pnr, PennyPincher would have been a great log on name. Should have thought of that.

Scrounger, i did try Carpetman's breakfast pizza and it's great. Have it often. Was thinking the bean recipe would be of the same caliber, but.... :roll: Oh well, i guess C1 is on right track, it'd do for deer camp fare.

Thanks 45nut, have got 23 starlings this year. Three today. My best shot 153 feet with Air Arms .22 S200.

Here's picture of pest i'd like to get this fall:

http://www.hunt101.com/img/268975.jpg (http://www.hunt101.com/?p=268975&c=500&z=1)

Penny

carpetman
03-28-2005, 01:00 PM
PPlinker---Glad to hear you are using my breakfast pizza recipe on a regular basis. I don't go in the kitchen much and I only made the breakfast pizza once,and did make a second more conventional pizza. Darn if everybody had used my recipe,I might have became as famous as Felix.