PDA

View Full Version : mp molds

idahojackie
02-21-2015, 08:52 AM
I sent a email to mp molds about a keith style 44 and 41 mold ...one .does anyone here have these and do you like them im looking to get a 4 cavity mold...

idahojackie
02-21-2015, 12:44 PM
o yea I forgot I looked at the mp site and it said the keith is not avalible at this time ...I hope it is soon ..I guess I could just order a ballisti cast keith mold

RobS
02-21-2015, 12:49 PM
MP molds are very nice and have a 452374 HP design. You can also look at other mold makers too. Tom at AccurateMolds may very well have what you are looking for or he can probably put what you want in his catalog if you can give him measurements/dimensions etc. I have several different ones over there.

VHoward
02-21-2015, 12:50 PM
It might be 2 or 3 years before he makes anymore of them. Usually when he has a group buy here on cast boolits, he makes a few extra to sell in his store. Then doesn't make anymore until another group buy.

They are good molds, you just have to wait a long time for one if you don't happen to catch one in stock.

NOE has many Kieth style bullet molds also. Accurate Molds will make you whatever design you want as long as it isn't hollow pointed.

RobS
02-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Mihec may not say there are any in stock but he very well may have some. I sent him a PM or email, can not remember which, and he replied back with what he had.

Hardline
02-22-2015, 10:56 AM
We manufacture the Keith designs as well if you are interested.

Echd
02-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Mihecs are incredible to cast with and the cramer HP setup can't be beat for ease of use and production. They are worth the wait and the price, and their price is no higher and normally lower than other maker's brass molds.

Mal Paso
02-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Miha does some runs of popular molds between group buys. I have proof. Email him again.

I think his 503 clone is the best 44 Mag Keith. I have 5 of them including the HP, just in case Miha gets abducted by aliens.

GLL
02-25-2015, 10:04 PM
If you do not need an HP mold Tom at Accurate Molds can have one made and on your bench by next week ! :)

Jerry

Mal Paso
02-25-2015, 11:44 PM
If you do not need an HP mold Tom at Accurate Molds can have one made and on your bench by next week ! :)

Jerry

If I'm not mistaken Tom is limited to cuts 60 degrees from bullet axis. Any Keith has 1 cut near 90 degrees. I don't know if having a slope on the leading edge of the front band matters. I have been considering having him cut one anyway because I would like an Aluminum 503. I asked Miha and he sent me another brass one. I like the .1" wide front band and .3" of bearing surface. It would weigh about 260g.

Moonie
02-26-2015, 04:38 PM
If I'm not mistaken Tom is limited to cuts 60 degrees from bullet axis. Any Keith has 1 cut near 90 degrees. I don't know if having a slope on the leading edge of the front band matters. I have been considering having him cut one anyway because I would like an Aluminum 503. I asked Miha and he sent me another brass one. I like the .1" wide front band and .3" of bearing surface. It would weigh about 260g.

I think he can, he just won't as the angle creates a mold that drops boolits very easily, 90 degree angles tend to hang on to them. You can always discuss it with him.

white eagle
02-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Miha usually has some mold extra best served by sending him a e=mail
I just saw one in swap for sale