PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro has pistol and shotgun powder but the prices are up

tazman
02-20-2015, 11:19 PM
Bass Pro has pistol and shotgun powder but the prices are up. Red dot, Green dot, Unique, Bullseye, 296, and others are listed.
Unfortunately the prices are now $28.99 and up for most.
They even want $24.99 for Titwad.
They must be getting greedy since the last 2 shipments they got in sold out so quickly.

LUCKYDAWG13
02-21-2015, 12:02 AM
wow I just payed $22. for BullsEye

Beagle333
02-21-2015, 12:24 AM
Still beats my LGS. I have to pay $32+tax if I pick it up in town here.

runfiverun
02-21-2015, 01:39 AM
It's been going up everywhere.
Rifle powder is up too.
Expect your 8 lb jugs to be 20+ bucks higher than last year

GhostHawk
02-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Given the choice to have the powder I want, or sitting here looking for powder at a lower price which is no where to be found.

I chose to buy when I could. Yep, 7 lbs of red dot, and wish I'd bought more now. Also wish I'd bought more primers.

At least with Bass Pro you can have them ship to store which saves on shipping and hazmat.

So I guess it comes down to need, how bad do you need more powder?
I'd gotten out of shooting/reloading for 18 years so my shelves were bare.

Beagle333
02-21-2015, 09:44 AM
And I don't know if any of that shown is "in stock". They recently changed their web page so that it shows all powders and you have to select each one to see if it is in stock. That is frustrating enough to me that I have always bookmarked those who do sort by "in stock", so I don't have to click everything on their page. Your marketing people are driving me away, Bass Pro!!!

Airman Basic
02-21-2015, 11:29 AM
And I don't know if any of that shown is "in stock". They recently changed their web page so that it shows all powders and you have to select each one to see if it is in stock. That is frustrating enough to me that I have always bookmarked those who do sort by "in stock", so I don't have to click everything on their page. Your marketing people are driving me away, Bass Pro!!!
Actually, I think what they show is in stock. Just checked and they had 4 pistol powders. But they were B'eye, Unique, 4227, whoops, just looked again and down to two!

Handloader109
02-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Yep price is up. Less than two months ago was $25 a pound. But get it while you can

Garyshome
02-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Doesn't leave a whole lot of choice now does it? But it's still cheaper then buying loaded ammo.