PDA

View Full Version : The smartest thing i've done all week.

justingrosche
02-19-2015, 05:51 PM
I was cleaning up the shop around where my trimmer sits and almost shop vacuumed up a couple of pilots. My wife had also complained about brass shavings getting tracked into the house recently, so it gets me thinking of a solution. This is what I came up with. I had a couple of 5/32" pins and an old top of the Lee auto prime box which serves perfectly for a catch tray. The pins are about an 1 1/4" and fit into the little holder that would normally hold the pilots. I didn't like keeping them there anyway. The dust bunnies have packed off more than one them to never be seen again.

Mk42gunner
02-19-2015, 06:12 PM
Dust bunnies are evil.

kfarm
02-19-2015, 06:36 PM
I've used a similar tray but with a tad bit of dbl sided tape.

RickinTN
02-19-2015, 07:10 PM
I have my trimmers mounted inside a 9 x 13 baking pan on top of my bench. I used oak 1 x 3's and 1/4" bolts through them and through the pan to hold the whole assembly down. Emptying the pan could be an issue, but it's been mounted there for years and I haven't had to empty it yet.
Rick

MtGun44
02-20-2015, 12:52 AM
I have mounted my trimmer to a 8x12 piece of plywood, and it sits in my
lap inside the lid of an office moving box. This is corrugate cardboard with
2" sides. I fill the box with one layer of brass and trim (pretty mindless work)
while watching TV, dropping the trimmed and chamfered brass into a #10
can. All chips are in the box, dumped when done.

I am way too messy to manage to keep them in that small lid! :bigsmyl2:

Bill

justingrosche
02-20-2015, 03:16 AM
I must have set the height just right, not one little speck on the floor!

bedbugbilly
02-20-2015, 02:10 PM
yes . . the dust bunnies are evil . . . but they taste so good roasted over a fire on a spit with good barbecue sauce . . .

Neat solution to a problem . . bet the wife is happier! (I have one too . . :-) )