PDA

View Full Version : Jacketed bullet site????????????

littlejack
02-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Fellow members:
OK, I know that I could be run out of town on a rail, being that this forum is "cast boolit" centered.
With that being said, would anyone else be interested in having a "jacketed bullet" site, if the original CastBoolit founder "Ken" would be open to it.
I do shoot other bullets than cast boolits, and there has been reference by myself and other members about such at different times on different sites.
I appreciate the CastBoolit.com forum for the great members here, and the professional conduct in which the forum is run. I do believe that there are other members that would appreciate a jacketed bullet site, that would have plenty of good input as well as questions to further their knowledge of the reloading sport/hobby.
If this is in the wrong place, "my bad" If I am out of line, my bad.
Just asking.
Regards
Jack

jmort
02-19-2015, 05:21 PM
So you want to name the new forum after youself?

littlejack
02-19-2015, 05:30 PM
I am assuming, that that was a "punn". No sir, that was not my intent at all.
Just want to see if other members were open to expand on an already "great" forum.

jugulater
02-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Not so sure if a new sight is needed, we could just add in a couple of sections like "Jacketed bullet loads/military rifles". although im not so sure if its needed, considering reloading manuals cover jacketed bullets pretty well.

lpspinner
02-19-2015, 06:30 PM
I agree with jugulater, why have a new site. Just create a section or two that covers questions you may have or ask others for their opinions.

While reloading manuals do cover everything, sometimes it helps to discuss the situation.

jmort
02-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Just joking Jack, a sub-forum makes sense

littlejack
02-19-2015, 06:40 PM
I agree with the "section/sections" recommendations posted above. Perhaps my choice of word "site" was misleading.
"Section" IS what I had in mind.

waksupi
02-19-2015, 08:25 PM
Actually, we are hosted by a jacketed bullet site. Go to Gunloads.com. Willie is the owner of the server for CB and GL. He bent over backwards to get this page up and running for us, and does a lot of heavy lifting for the board.

dlbarr
02-19-2015, 08:43 PM
So you want to name the new forum after youself?

I am assuming, that that was a "punn". No sir, that was not my intent at all.
Just want to see if other members were open to expand on an already "great" forum.

I am actually OK with you naming the new forum after yourself.

And I will be one of your first new members. :drinks:

Mauser48
02-19-2015, 09:36 PM
I think that would be awesome. Honestly, I don't even cast bullets yet I only use jacketed!

303Guy
02-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Having a subsection for jacketed loads sounds like a great idea. We do sometimes insert bullet loading into threads from time to time. I would say that most of us casters shoot jacketed's from time to time. Sometimes maybe quite often!

littlejack
02-19-2015, 11:18 PM
I may have spoke to soon. Waksupi, thank you for the plug on the Gunloads.com site. Actually, I do not travel far from the CastBoolits forum. Over the years since joining, I have grown accustomed to just signing on and enjoying this forum. Not much to not like.
Not taking anything away from Willie, but I would still like to see a section "here" where we could go to one place and get most of the information regarding most of our reloading needs/questions answered, and chew the fat.
Just sayin.
Jack

Motor
02-20-2015, 01:16 AM
I'm kind of new here but I thought this particular forum was for "Military Rifles" It does not say anything about cast boolits only. Isn't the first forum in this section called CB Loads / Military Rifles (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?27-CB-Loads-Military-Rifles) for cast boolit loads.

If its for cast boolit loads what's this one for ????

Motor

littlejack
02-20-2015, 02:37 AM
Motor:
My intention was for a section for any firearm rifle or handgun in which one wants to shoot jacketed bullets in. I guess I just picked the "Military Rifles" section, because it was with my Mosin Nagant that I last shot jacketed in. The section would be for any and all firearms that one wants to shoot jacketed bullets in.
I did not pick the CB loads / Military Rifles for the obvious reason, it states "CB loads"

Whiterabbit
02-20-2015, 02:53 AM
There is already a jacketed bullet forum out there. It's called "every other gun forum on the internet"

303Guy
02-20-2015, 05:08 AM
Aah but we can't talk to each other on every other gun forum out there. We can talk to others though. The real question would be whether there is sufficient interest to warrant it.

littlejack
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
+1 303. [smilie=s:

Motor
02-20-2015, 02:11 PM
I have answered jacketed questions here. Even jacketed Mosin Nagant questions. I'm certain jacketed questions come up in the Wheelgun and other non specific cast boolit forums as well.

I even saw a jacketed question in the CAST BOOLIT forum and nobody complained although I asked why.

I get your piont believe me. But many of the forum topics in this section are for specific types of firearms and most do not specify cast only.

Most of the forums I frequent are reloading related and many of the threads I read and or post on are reloading topics. I see a good bid of jacketed related questions and really don't see anyone getting flamed over it.

A military rifle specific (jacketed) forum could make some sense. With the bore sizes of these all over the map it could be usefull. I usually take these type of questions to the Reloading forum on Gunboards .com

littlejack, I have a lot of experience with the Mosin Nagant (s) and jacketed bullets I'd be happy to help you if I can. :)

Motor

jugulater
02-20-2015, 06:47 PM
This may turn into a pretty hot debate. i see the reason in a jacketed bullets section. but i also have to agree with the point that the J-word comes up alot in our Boolit conversations and no one seems to complain. its also true that other sites cover jacketed ammo more than we do here, but they aren't us, and I generally prefer to ask questions here. the people around here are much nicer.

littlejack
02-20-2015, 09:04 PM
jugulater:
I didn't want a heated debate. I was just inquiring if any other members would be interested in a "jacketed bullet" section. From the looks of the replies, there are mixed emotions.
With all of that being said, who is the person to ask to make the decision? I guess it doesn't make a huge difference if we have a section for jacketed bullets and loadings. I ask the questions, would it harm the forum if a section was initiated? Would it cost more money for the CastBoolits forum?
If it is not feasible or is not wanted by who ever makes the decision, lets drop the subject.
No sense in beating a dead horse.

Moonie
02-23-2015, 04:41 PM
www.gunloads.com (http://www.gunloads.com)

NC_JEFF
02-23-2015, 05:48 PM
What White rabbit said.....I come here for knowledge and information on CAST boolits. Every other reloading site on the web is primarily a j-word site and there are some very good ones. Those of us who regularly come here would be aware of the j-word threads but rarely would a newcomer come here for help for anything other than cast and I am thankful this site is so devoted to cast.. There is more than enough here to be proud of, of all the reloading sites this is by far my favorite. There is a long list of subforums under any forum attempting to cover jacketed bullets. But I'll try anything. No harm can come from a little jacketed info being posted here. I just think most members here will click on favorites, click their fav j-word site and enjoy the seemingly endless amount of information available on reloading/hand loading jacketed bullets. I'll be watching to see what happens.
JD

littlejack
02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Well, as stated above "this is by far my favorite" "the people are much nicer"
So, I posted a thread on the Military Rifles section about jacketed.

NC_JEFF
02-24-2015, 05:47 PM
I'll go check it out

NC_JEFF
02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
I'll go check it out......I didn't see your post, what is the heading?

littlejack
02-24-2015, 08:06 PM
8mm jacketd bullets in my M 44 Mosin Nagant "SORTA"

dh2
02-24-2015, 09:36 PM
A new section would be fine , I am sure very few on here shoot only cast bullets, I would see no reason to get a new sight going I am all ready on reloaders nest it has a lot of good info on it too.