PDA

View Full Version : Take a Cab

xs11jack
02-19-2015, 01:24 AM
As you may know, some people have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a "social session," or a night out with friends.
Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several beers followed by some rather nice red wine. Although I was feeling jolly, I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.
That's when I did something that I've never done before; I took a cab home.

Sure enough, on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.
This was a real surprise as I had never driven a cab before, I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.

Hickory
02-19-2015, 03:55 AM
Funny.

But this should have been in humor & off topic.

Still funny.

02-19-2015, 07:11 AM
:bigsmyl2:

warboar_21
02-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Hahaha! Hook line and sinker. I was getting ready to commend you on doing the right thing and then you go and end it with that.

Hickok
02-19-2015, 03:46 PM
I never saw that one coming! That was pretty good!

roberts1
02-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Whatever you do with it pull the wheel weights off before disposing of it! Great joke.

Smoke4320
02-19-2015, 07:00 PM
paint a green stripe, leave a yellow stripe then paint a red stripe Then you can drive it forever !!!

Taylor
02-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Humorous,yes it is.But I do know a situation,a relative of mine that this really happened to.Only it was a large delivery truck.He got a ride in a police car the next morning.My question was:Are you insane? What WERE you going to do with it? Parked out on the street for everyone to see.

TXGunNut
02-20-2015, 12:23 AM
One of the focuses of my LE career was DWI enforcement. The hardest thing to learn was that a vast majority of drunks make it home in a condition that I can barely function. Over and over, night after night. Scary stuff.
I recently developed a vertigo issue as a side effect of a BP drug so I now cannot imbibe away from home without a designated driver or cab (and driver ;-) ). I can't pass any of the balance-related stupid human tricks (field sobriety tests) stone cold sober so if I'm stopped with any ETOH on my breath at all I'm very likely headed for jail and quite possibly a DWI charge even though I would pass a chemical breath test.
Be careful out there, please drive sober.