PDA

View Full Version : A buddy of mine tested some 325gr 450 Marlin factory ammo in ballistics gel recently.

Ole
02-19-2015, 12:15 AM
Pretty cool stuff if you want to take a gander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaIl9_CnYGQ

Artful
02-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Good stuff - them jugs are indeed in trouble.

Gtek
02-19-2015, 01:08 AM
Nice mushroom, video! My gelatin blocks are a hairy brown with white, solid black, a reddish brown, and a couple other shades that red stuff runs out of them. Recovered bullets have not been less that 86% weight, no complaints on performance or accuracy. Some of my levers like and eat gummies, some of my levers need to eat lead. Depends on where I am going and what mood I'm in, it's nice to have choices.

Ole
02-19-2015, 01:11 AM
Nice mushroom, video! My gelatin blocks are a hairy brown with white, solid black, a reddish brown, and a couple other shades that red stuff runs out of them. Recovered bullets have not been less that 86% weight, no complaints on performance or accuracy. Some of my levers like and eat gummies, some of my levers need to eat lead. Depends on where I am going and what mood I'm in, it's nice to have choices.

I agree with everything you said. When the rifle in the video is going after elk I use my handloads and 350gr RD bullets starting out around 1700fps.

TXGunNut
02-19-2015, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure I can afford enough gelatin to stop my 45-70 Marlin hunting loads. I've had some nice piggies try to stop one but they died trying, I appreciate their sacrifice but I'm still trying.