PDA

View Full Version : Flailing pink steel Brittany nose

ohland
02-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Geez, my Brittany stuck her nose into my eye. Ow.

She taught me not to have my mouth open with her nose nearby. Now I need to keep my eyes shut when she's wiggling all over...

BUT... this morning she made me proud. She was laying on the old retrobate with her hind legs splayed out like a frog. We call it "frog dog". Seems she is quite comfortable with the idea.

Maybe she's getting more accustomed to getting back to the vehicle... or it was just darned cold again today. I went out to walk with her, we went back of the pistol range, then she must of went looking at something while I kept walking. Got back to the van, she hadn't pulled through. Old retrobate fired up the machine and hit the horn. Heard her bell coming in about 20 seconds later. She must have assumed I was still back there.

On a related note, the Doves come in to the cracked corn near our house. Seems to be about 6-10 regulars. Sure wish Wisconsin allowed providing incentives during season....

dakotashooter2
02-19-2015, 11:00 AM
My lab bitch slapped me a while back....with his tail..... sent my glasses flying across the room...... Was like getting punched in the face...........

Reminded me of why I have always had dogs with docked tails.........

ohland
02-19-2015, 01:05 PM

Besides, if you HAD to, you could always pick a Brittany up and speak eye to eye. Labs tend to be heavier...

DLCTEX
02-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Baiting doves is not banned by the state, it's federal regs. In Texas we can bait anything that is no-migratory, but migratory birds are a no go. A neighbor was fined for shooting doves near where grain had been spilled while sowing wheat.

RED333
02-19-2015, 11:29 PM
My lab bitch slapped me a while back....with his tail..... sent my glasses flying across the room...... Was like getting punched in the face...........

What have you done to you dog?

Southern Son
02-19-2015, 11:56 PM
What have you done to you dog?

Possibly a very confused dog. I am currently sitting in Dog Frendly Accomodation near Surfers Paradise waiting on a Cyclone to finish ruining Rockhampton and the surrounds so that I can go back home and see if we have a house left. The reason we am down here is to see a Vet Specalist for one of our dogs. She is a good girl, very well behaved, our other dog, however, has taken to head butting me in the groin and standing on my toes. He is a Bull Arab/Great Dane cross, so the toes hurt, just not as much as the love spuds.

Taylor
02-20-2015, 08:24 AM
I looked at a young Walker yesterday.Pretty dog,felt sorry for her,almost wished I had brought her home (pound).Maggie is still sad from Sammie passing and she needs a friend.Me too for that matter.I think Maggie is part cat,does her own thing.But still looking for a flat coat or golden.Quite expensive these dogs.