PDA

View Full Version : Two of my old Favorites

Bullwolf
02-17-2015, 10:14 PM
Found both of my old favorites on the shelf at a local store today. I have not seen either powder readily available (without jumping through hoops) in the last two years.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=131220&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1424225144

The price was $34.00 per a 1lb container. While not exactly great, it wasn't horrible either and is likely to be the new norm. No hazmat or shipping fees, so I wasn't complaining.

I've paid less for it, and alternatively quite a bit more when I really needed or wanted powder. The silver lining of the great Obummer powder shortage is it has forced me to broaden my horizons regarding powder selection. Consequently, I've tried lots of different powders outside of my comfort zone that I ordinarily wouldn't have.

None the less, I was extremely happy to see both of my old friends Bullseye and Unique again.

- Bullwolf

ReloaderFred
02-17-2015, 10:57 PM
I bought a pound of new production Red Dot today for $21.97 (we don't have a sales tax). Some sellers are raising their prices and some aren't. It should shake out as more powders become available.

Hope this helps.

Fred

RayinNH
02-18-2015, 05:23 PM
I wonder how long it has been in the new packaging?

tazman
02-18-2015, 05:47 PM
In the last 2-3 months Bass Pro has had those two in stock for a short time priced at roughly $25 a lb. If you shipped them to a local store you didn't have to pay shipping or hazmat making them much cheaper if you had a store in the area.

jonp
02-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I bought some last year in the spring I think that had the new bottles. I think that is why it's been so scarce, no new bottles