PDA

View Full Version : Lee LoadMaster Progresive Powder Measure Dangers

Sliver Shooter
02-16-2015, 06:45 PM
I run into a situation with my Lee Loadmaster loading light Cowboy loads in 38 Spl. With such a light load it can be a problem if the powder measure doesn't dump a complete load. The other thing that has happened is if there is some problem in the cycle and you drop the ram a bit to correct and raise it again, you get a double powder charge. I have found the answer to assist in these situations that will tell you of a bad charge. RCBS and Hornady make a die that has a charge indicater that screws into the turrent position after the charging position. The bullet seater has tobe advanced one hole which isn't a problem if you don't have a bullet feeder on the press. I set the bullet on the down stroke after the indicater shows a correct charge. I actually mademy indicater using a decapping die for a larger cartridge and made a long pin that would rise up and down thru the collet at the top. An o-ring keeps it from dropping and it works very well. It would be nice if Lee would make one to put on these progressive presses.

vonzep
02-16-2015, 08:58 PM
I use the rcbs on my loadmaster. Great tool