PDA

View Full Version : Found Another Saeco PM (with a little help!!!)

seagiant
02-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Hi,
I thought I would pass this on to show the kind of people we have here. I was just passing through the site and noticed a PM from Alvarez Kelly. It was a notice that he had seen a Saeco Micro Adjust (Tru-Speed) Powder Measure with the stand at a nice price (on our favorite auction site) and thought I might be interested?

I was and promptly bought it at it's "Buy Now" price. When these measures were made, there was an option to buy a factory made stand to go with the measure at a small fee and most people did!

The measure with the stand is probably one of the best made powder measures to single stage, block load,metallic cartridges ever made!

This measure was missing the cap for the hopper but that is no problem as I can turn another on the lathe,a great deal for me all around!

Thanks Brian!

Alvarez Kelly
02-16-2015, 06:53 PM
Glad to help. I know you LOVE those measures. :-)

texassako
02-16-2015, 11:28 PM
I liked my first one so much I recently bought another. It was cheap since it did not have the stand. There was a pre micro adjust on fleabay the other day with both the pistol and rifle drums.

seagiant
02-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Hi,
Texas, I have a Generation One, with only a pistol drum! Always looking for the rifle drum for it!

With the Micro Tru Speed model everything is covered,really a nice (old world) powder measure!

I think I know who bought the complete Gen 1 you are talking about but wasn't me!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Nice little measure you got there. You going to spark her up a bit as per usual?

seagiant
02-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Hi Dave,
From the pics,it looks pretty good! I'll probably use some dish detergent first and a sponge just to take it easy and see how it comes out???

If I decide to paint, I'll switch to a degreaser with a "green meanie" and get down on it to get rid of all oils and dirt,but keep the powder coat intact as much as possible to maintain the texture! Then paint!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Sounds good, I wanna see pics with a clean/clear reservoir.:)

seagiant
02-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Sounds good, I wanna see pics with a clean/clear reservoir.:)

Hi,
That remains to be seen! Sometimes the only cure for that is a new hopper! Does not look to bad!

PM just shipped!

seagiant
02-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Hi,
I thought I would show this pic as this was a Saeco PM I picked up missing the lid,hopper and powder spout.

All was made and replaced on the lathe and shows that you can remake/rebuild these older PM and put them back to work!

Kevin Rohrer
02-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Hi,
I think I know who bought the complete Gen 1 you are talking about but wasn't me!

Yes, it was I. :bigsmyl2:

I need to find a cap for it. Am thinking a Dillon will fit.

Seagiant: How about making me a lid?

seagiant
02-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Yes, it was I. :bigsmyl2:

I need to find a cap for it. Am thinking a Dillon will fit.

Seagiant: How about making me a lid?

Hi,
Kevin, I'm not home now, but see no problem when I get home but will be awhile! Sorry!

texassako
02-28-2015, 11:57 PM
seagiant, how are you holding the tube in your lathe? It is hard to tell in the pics above. It looks like there is something in the tube the live center is on and a piece of pvc in the chuck?

seagiant
03-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Hi,
I turned a peice of solid steel round that I had to barely slid into the new clear tubing.

Then to protect the clear tubing from the jaws of the chuck I found a piece of PVC and slit it length ways so it will protect the clear tubing while everything is chucked up.

On the other end I support by the tailstock. All of this to just be able to get a nice straight cut on the ends and a good finish!

The clear tubing is hard up to a point but brittle and needs support. Hope this helps!

texassako
03-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the info. I have one missing the tube, and my first try at hand fitting it is not very clean looking.