PDA

View Full Version : buckhorn sights

wgr
02-12-2015, 11:09 PM
any of you guys use theses? if so how do you like them? do you use them like a peep sight are what? thinks bill

GoodOlBoy
02-13-2015, 01:32 AM
nope full buckhorn sights do give you more of an enclosed feeling IMHO, and help draw the eye in to center better than a plain notched blade, but are much more open than a peep. Dad likes his. I prefer semi-buckhorns sights myself, and again IMHO, marbles makes the best of both for lever actions. I will say that some people hate both buckhorn and semi-buckhorn sights. The flip side is once mounted on your particular rifle if you don't like them they are easy to remove and put the rear sight back on, and they don't cost a ton of money just in case.

GoodOlBoy

oldred
02-13-2015, 07:26 AM
Marbles makes good quality sights for sure but I was very disappointed at the size of the darn things, I suppose it's just a matter of taste but when I bought a set of semi-buckhorn for my Marlin 1895 I thought they were just way too small. I replaced the factory sights after ruining them in a futile attempt to compensate for a vision problem by modifying the notch. The Marbles sights just looked way too small compared to the factory sight, again just a matter of taste but I know of others who have complained about the same thing.

reloaderman1
02-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Marbles makes what they call a "bulls eye" sight, that mounts just like a buck horn. I have two, one on a.22 and one on a .45 Colt, I think they work great yet don't ruin the looks of the rifle!

pietro
02-13-2015, 01:07 PM
http://s26.postimg.org/w79zlw0op/Using_the_Peephorn.jpg

I use the ones on my frontstuffers just like I use a receiver peep sight on my leverguns.

Mk42gunner
02-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Personally I like my rear sights flat on top, fronts too actually. Black in color, no outlines or red ramp inserts either.

Robert

wgr
02-13-2015, 10:57 PM
http://s26.postimg.org/w79zlw0op/Using_the_Peephorn.jpg

I use the ones on my frontstuffers just like I use a receiver peep sight on my leverguns.

.think you thats what i was looking for. just did,nt know how to ask.