PDA

View Full Version : N.O.E. Mold Handles...

BCB
02-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Will only Lee 6-cavity and N.O.E. mold handles work on the 2-cavity N.O.E. molds?...

Thanks...BCB

dh2
02-11-2015, 04:04 PM
You can get NOE handles I have a set they are nice, I use RCBS handles on about all brands of molds including NOE

dh2
02-11-2015, 04:05 PM
I use RCBS handles on NOE 2 cavity molds. Have not tried Lyman.

Marvin
Lyman is thicker they don't fit

BCB
02-11-2015, 04:12 PM
O.K.

Good to know that RCBS handles will work. Those I have...

The N.O.E. handles do look nice in the pics, but they are $35 or near that...

Thanks...BCB

VHoward
02-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Lee handles are fine. After I epoxy the wood handles on, they are fine. Otherwise, it's annoying to have the wood parts keep sliding off. I bought a set of handles from MP with a mold and did not see why they should cost $35 either. They weren't that much better than Lee handles.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-11-2015, 10:42 PM
I do the same as VHoward and use the less expensive Lee handles. Just high temp epoxy the wood handles on and fix any cracks in the wood while you're at it. Work great, less ding on the wallet. Epoxy I keep in my tool boxes.

Freischütz
02-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Lachmiller handles will work too

Green Frog
02-13-2015, 11:40 AM
To give credit where due, Dale53 turned me on to the idea of buying the cheap and usually available Lee handles then before ever using them drilling a tiny hole through the metal ferrule of each handle and using a roll pin of appropriate size and grinding it off flush. This pre-solves the main potential problem of the handles loosening, and then they seem to just about last forever. Once more, Dale53, thanks for the benefit of your wide and varied experience.

Froggie

bedbugbilly
02-13-2015, 12:20 PM
I only have one NOE - a 2 cavity .325 for 8mm - got it last summer and a great mold. I had a set of handles that I'd purchased fromTrack of the Wolf many years ago for a double cavity steel "Palmetto" brand mold (double .530 round ball). They slipped right on and work great on mine. Not that you'd be running across a set of Palmetto handles very often now - but the do work if you ever do. I'm really not sure who made them for Palmetto.

zuke
02-16-2015, 09:21 AM
To give credit where due, Dale53 turned me on to the idea of buying the cheap and usually available Lee handles then before ever using them drilling a tiny hole through the metal ferrule of each handle and using a roll pin of appropriate size and grinding it off flush. This pre-solves the main potential problem of the handles loosening, and then they seem to just about last forever. Once more, Dale53, thanks for the benefit of your wide and varied experience.

Froggie

I do the same thing with any and all of my handle's that see heat and may char. My 5 LEE ingot mold's have new handle's made from broom handle's with thin pipe ferrule's. I used a nail as a cross pin and bent it foreward the make it easier.

zuke
02-16-2015, 09:23 AM
I have a couple set's of KAL tool and die handle's. Nice workman's ship!
Never had to pin them.

http://kal.castpics.net/Handles.html