PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to RCBS again

JMtoolman
02-10-2015, 10:59 AM
I have never had any reason to contact RCBS before although I have used there products for about 50 years. A couple of days ago I was casting some 44 bullets and using my RCBS bottom pour pot that was purchased around 1985. After some hours the pot started to freeze up no mater how hot the setting was. I contacted RCBS and explained what has happened, and they are sending me a new heating element and thermostat free! I took off the case and with the pot upside down plugged it in and turned the pot on full, the heating element would get warm but would not even get red hot. So am waiting for the parts to replace the element and get it running again. Great company to replace parts after 32 or 33 years of use. You can bet that they are one of my favorite places to get reloading parts. Thanks RCBS John the toolman.

Doggonekid
02-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Probably 90% of all of my reloading equipment is RCBS and I have very little trouble with any of it. When I call with a problem their customer service corrects the problem. I had a 30 year vibrator I forgot I left it on in the garage when I remembered it it had been running for 5 days straight. I turned it off and it never ran again. I shipped it to RCBS and they sent me a new one. My sidewinder tumbler case broke and they sent me a new one. This is why I buy mostly RCBS. (More money than Lee and less than Dillon, what I call a happy medium.)

Hardcast416taylor
02-11-2015, 10:46 AM
While using my RCBS inertia bullet puller that was about 6 yrs. old the head assembly cracked at the handle. I called them, was asked to return my hammer. About a week later I recieved a brand new hammer.Robert

TXGunNut
02-11-2015, 11:52 PM
RCBS has good folks who work hard to keep their customers happy. I know they monitor TFL but not sure if they lurk here. I've had virtually zero issues with reloading gear/casting over the years, from what I've read RCBS is at the top of the heap for resolving these issues.

VHoward
02-12-2015, 12:26 AM
I've had the same from RCBS, Dillon, and Hornady. Great customer support. That's why I don't mind paying the higher price. I can't say the same for Lee or Lyman.

JesterGrin_1
02-13-2015, 06:24 AM
I have always found RCBS to be first rate. I have not used them myself very often for replacement parts but I have. These are just a few. A couple of years ago I purchased the RCBS 38-55 Cowboy die set but due to the horrible packaging done by the big M they broke the Primer Pin in the die set of which also messed up the Primer Pin holder. The big M would not help except saying send on my dime the die set back and they would replace the die set. And I felt bunk just replace the broken parts but they declined. I called RCBS and even they were at a loss of words but still sent me out the parts that were needed with no problem.

Forward till just a few days ago. I called in mainly due to the Powder Hopper in my New RCBS Charge Master 1500 had what I guess you could call spider cracks in the plastic. I informed RCBS and what was funny is they said yes it does happen due to large temperature changes during transit. That kind of caught me off guard lol. But they sent me a new hopper along with the lid Free. The person also asked if I had any other problems with any of my RCBS equipment. I informed them that my powder hopper was loose on my old RCBS Uniflow II Powder Measure and again the person informed me no problem we will send you out a new hopper as they are just a press fit and I had them both in about a week. Great people to do business with.

bottomline
02-14-2015, 09:43 AM
+1 more. I contacted RCBS looking for a reservoir cap for my LAM. A replacement (free) is on the way - including shipping.

georgerkahn
02-14-2015, 03:39 PM
When I broke the knob off my Lyman Mould Master, I received zero support for this "obsolete" melter from Lyman. I by-passed thermostat and plugged it into a PID I bought from a fellow on this site which enable it to function again. AND, I then called Buffalo Arms where I had had one of the new Lyman Mag25 pots on back-order; cancelled it; and instead purchased one of the RCBS Pro pots. Since my Lyman experience, I only "have eyes and pocketbook" for RCBS -- have not been sorry since!
"I hear you!!!"
BEST!
Fellow RCBS now-loyal customer, Georgerkahn