PDA

View Full Version : APP sub.powder in the 303 British

brstevns
02-08-2015, 06:13 PM
I did not want to Hi-jack the other members post on Black Powder in the 303 British by asking this question. Has anyone tried the American Pioneer Powder a BP sub in the 303 British and maybe the 43 Spanish
I did search the Archive and found were a few were using it but they did not state any loads etc.

Nobade
02-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Should work reasonably well. You can use smokeless lube with it. Treat it like black powder - fill the case up with some compression. Can't overload a cartridge with it.

-Nobade

flydoc
02-10-2015, 02:01 AM
Have tried it in 43 spanish in remington rolling block filled to just light compression but can't remember the exact powder charge. Worked fine with no issues and burned clean with little to no fouling, and cleaned up easily. Recoil was like a 20 gauge . I recall marking the case at the base of the boolit and filling just above . Accuracy not as good as the smokeless I have used in my rifle but yours may like it better.

brstevns
02-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Should work reasonably well. You can use smokeless lube with it. Treat it like black powder - fill the case up with some compression. Can't overload a cartridge with it.

-Nobade
Thanks for the help. Well you can see I am getting closer to shooting the 43 Spanish.