PDA

View Full Version : Move over Rover.........

Gussy
02-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Move over Rover.. I need a place to sleep.

I'm in the dog house again. Ever hear the saying "it's easier to get forgiven than it is to get permission"?? Try it.....

Just kidding. I did get permision, well, sort of.....

I have a real weakness for Hiwalls. Well, there was this Hiwall in .225 Winchester, my first ever varmint gun cal. And this thing had been redone nicely with REALLY nice wood. What could I do??

It will be a week before I have any photos. The one fault it had was a sprayed on poly finish. Dull and hid the grain. It is getting the oil treatment right now and it will be at least a week before it's done.

Bullshop
02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Shame on you causing me to be a covetous sinner. I have always wanted to try the 220 swift short but have not yet. I have a set of dies though just in case.
I too have a weekness for those early single shot varminters.
Enjoy!
Blessings
BIC/BS

Gussy
03-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Well I finally took a photo. I just got my bench built and I started loading for it last night. If the weather is OK this weekend, I'll give it a try. The bore looks a little rough. Not sure if it is rough or if it is fouled. I put some snake oil in it last night and Ill give it another scrub tonight. If it doesn't shoot, it'll get a rebore to 38-55.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd47/jimc99328/225hiwall.jpg

kodiak1
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Man that is some beautiful wood on that piece Gussy.
Ken.