PDA

View Full Version : RCBS did good by me!

melw
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
RCBS gets a big shout out from me. I had a old 5-10 scale tha I have since I started loading many years ago. I puled it out and started testing it with some test weights. It was off by 2 tenths or so. I called RCBS abought getting it refurbed. They said send it in and they would fix it up. I had box on my porch yesterday from them with a new 10-10 scale in it. Wow a nice upgrade! No charge! A++ for RCBS!
Mel W.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-04-2015, 09:17 PM
That's how they roll. Their customer service is top notch.

Bayou52
02-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Very typical of RCBS' stellar customer service.

Bayou52

twc1964
02-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Im glad you had a good experience with them. I called them this week about a broken rcbs priming tool. Its the hand held model that takes one primer at a time. The trigger handle snapped of after 20 yrs plus of use. Their cs lady says....sorry, we dont make those any more, thanks for calling...click. i like their products but this was over the top. Glad your luck was better.

BNE
02-04-2015, 10:33 PM
I have had little reason to use their customer service, but when I have, they have been excellent.

twc1964, try again, I have never heard of them doing this.

Bayou52
02-05-2015, 08:45 AM
Im glad you had a good experience with them. I called them this week about a broken rcbs priming tool. Its the hand held model that takes one primer at a time. The trigger handle snapped of after 20 yrs plus of use. Their cs lady says....sorry, we dont make those any more, thanks for calling...click. i like their products but this was over the top. Glad your luck was better.

twc1964 -

I believe the hand held priming unit you are referring to is the old RCBS Posi-Prime. I have several of them and use them often. I like it alot. I haven't had one break yet, but I have spoken to a RCBS rep about parts. I was also told that these units have been out of production for decades, and they no longer have any parts for them.

However, if you are looking for a replacement Posi-Prime, or need parts for one, there are several of them currently listed for sale on eBay. They come up for sale from time to time.

Just FYI -

Bayou52

twc1964
02-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Thx bayou, i will check it out. I was given a bit newer model from a member to cannibalize to fit mine but totally different. It has the primer try on the side and i think different shell holders. It looks solid so i may call rcbs and see if i can get parts to complete that model since it is newer. Hopefully parts are available for it.

LUBEDUDE
02-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Awesome! [smilie=p:

I don't know why the rest of corporate America dealing with retail goods won't take a page from the playbook of these guys as well as the other Reloading Companies. :-(

FLHTC
02-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I just emailed them about getting new spring clips for my primer tubes. I hope they come through for me

.22-10-45
02-06-2015, 01:56 AM
RCBS went way overboard for me..I tore loading room apart looking for the pusher pin in a custom .406 sizer die that I had them make up nearly 15 years ago..called them up..tech said it might take awhile..when I asked the price..he just said your good...well it arrived today. Thanks RCBS!

bluelund79
02-06-2015, 03:21 AM
Always nice to read about positive customer service. Way to go RCBS!

melw
02-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Looks like I am not the only one happy with them.
Good gear great service. What is not to like.
Mel W.

buckwheatpaul
02-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Their good deeds will sell more by word of mouth than any advertising will do...my hats are off to RCBS....thanks for the post....Paul

Hardcast416taylor
02-06-2015, 03:41 PM
Never forget the time about 30 or more years back when I called RCBS about something or other. The phone rang about 5 times when a male voice came on the line wanting to know how he could help. I explained my problem and he said he would get someone to take care of it ASAP! I asked his name so I could properly say thank you. Turns out it was Fred Huntington himself! He said the phone shouldn`t need to ring more than twice for a service rep to answer it. We chatted for about 15 minutes after that before he begged off to do other business.Robert

Ben
02-06-2015, 04:18 PM
I have called RCBS maybe 6 - 8 times for different things through the past 40 years.

I've never been treated with anything but the utmost respect and professionalism by their customer care reps.

They are " TOP SHELF " in my book.

Ben

hound13
02-08-2015, 03:51 PM
just got my parts for the rcbs universal hand priming tool didn't cost a cent it took awhile too get but they are true to there word thanks rcbs!!!!!! hound13

lpspinner
02-12-2015, 02:34 PM
RCBS's customer service is exactly that.... Customer Service! They always go above and beyond to help you. You can get the same people over time and they'll remember you.

I had a older vibratory cleaner and the lid broke, they sent me out a complete new Bowl Assembly.
Broke a pin on a sizing die. Sent me out a completely new rod and a package of spare pins.
Lost some nuts, they sent me out new hardware. (I later found out the guy went out to the hardware store and bought them himself for me.)
Found a RCBS shellholder, had know idea what the size was. Sent it back and they determined what size it was and then stamped the number on the SH.

RCBS and Dillon are examples of how to treat a customer for life!

r1kk1
02-15-2015, 10:54 AM
I left my primer catcher and screws for the Summit at home. Doesn't do me much good in the RV a couple of states away. One call and done. No charge, painless, and easy.

Take care

r1kk1