PDA

View Full Version : biscuits

Bill S
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
to whover posted the easy biscuit recipe on the old board,

THANK YOU!!

They work just fine with sweet milk, too. I also added 3-4 tablespoons of bacon grease to the flour in the second batch and they were even better.

Thanks again.

carpetman
03-23-2005, 09:59 PM
Bill S--That was my dads biscuit recipe. Thanks for the feedback and glad you like them. Try the mexican cornbread recipe--that seems to be a favorite with all that try it.

carpetman
03-24-2005, 03:53 AM
Bill S--I havent tried the recipe with sweet milk. Which did you like best and what differences you notice? It didnt get posted at castpics(I dont think)but I made the biscuit dough and rolled it out and placed on platter with an edge. I baked until about done. I had scrambled eggs sausage and tomatoes and cooked until almost done. I poured this onto the dough and shredded cheese over it and finished baking. I called it a breakfast pizza. I made another pizza using more conventional pizza ingredients and it made a very good pizza dough. For those not familar with castpics-----go to www.castpics.net and you will find the recipe section and look for carpetman biscuits for the recipe.

sundog
03-24-2005, 09:53 AM
C-man, good to see you again. Your recipe is indeed posted on castpics! sundog

wills
03-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Bill S--That was my dads biscuit recipe. Thanks for the feedback and glad you like them. Try the mexican cornbread recipe--that seems to be a favorite with all that try it.

Good Morning

Good to see you back!

carpetman
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Sundog. I knew the biscuit recipe was posted. Didnt think the part where I used the same dough to make a pizza was there. Just checked and I never had that part entered.

Bill S
03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Carpetman,

I was out of whomp biscuits one morning, so I decided to make your biscuit recipe. Went to mix them up and found out I was out of buttermilk, so I made them with sweet milk. They were good so I made a second batch later, but added the bacon grease. I prefer them with 4 or 5 spoonsful of bacon grease.