PDA

View Full Version : Anybody seen JKSSwaging dies on flea bay?

xman777
02-03-2015, 02:26 PM
I am looking at this jacket making set:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/45-caliber-copper-strip-jacket-swaging-set-type-s-/181656953023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4b9920bf

Any thoughts? Seems like a pretty good deal.

MOcaster
02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm not sure, but I bet that's HG Firearm's new name. Same city.

xman777
02-03-2015, 02:50 PM
theres some videos on youtube if you can identify the voice. jksswage is the channel name.

perotter
02-03-2015, 04:50 PM
As the seller has 0 feed back, I'd let some else find out if this is a good deal or not.

I think one of the main things I've learned here - is to be even more careful about buying dies from new sellers of them than I already was.

BT Sniper
02-03-2015, 04:55 PM

For $1400 !!!! One would be wise to make sure it is of good quality and works perfectly as advertised! That's a pretty good chuck of change.

BT

xman777
02-03-2015, 06:01 PM

For $1400 !!!! One would be wise to make sure it is of good quality and works perfectly as advertised! That's a pretty good chuck of change.

BT
You gonna make me some?

BT Sniper
02-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Sorry, at this time I have no plans to make jacket drawing dies from copper strip. At first glance the tool may look pretty good, but I'm sure Corbin can guarantee perfect results from his proven products that these are obvious copies from. I wish the buyer all the best and hope they get perfect results but........ Last thing any of us established manufactures need is someone having any bad swage die purchase experiences from unknown suppliers.

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian

rolltide
02-03-2015, 06:45 PM
If it is the same guy from that city who has operated on ebay before, I had to open a complaint case against him to get my money back because he never sent the goods. He gave me bogus tracking numbers and all kinds of greif. This guy was bad news. I think this may be the 3rd new ebay name he is trying to use, if it is the same guy. I don't know that it is, but it is odd how one guy from that city makes dies, has bad record, and another new ebay name with the same product pops up. The guy I dealt with tried to get me to break ebay rules and offered me the product for less money if I would mail him a money order. I completed the transaction on ebay with their money back guarantee. That is the only reason I got my money back. Others here had a guy from the same city, I don't know if it is the same guy, arrested for fraud over taking money and not shipping product. When they finally got their product under restution from the criminal case as I understand, the metal was so soft it bent during normal use. If it is not the same guy, it is really unfortunate because I had such a bad experience, I would not buy anything from their. I wouldn't deal with my ebay seller again if he was giving product away.

Just my dos centavos

bullet maker 57
02-03-2015, 07:01 PM
I would stay away. I believe that this is HG.

xman777
02-04-2015, 10:28 PM
I would stay away. I believe that this is HG.

You just want me to buy from you hoss. I'm onto you and your damn perfect jackets.:kidding:

bullet maker 57
02-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Thats how I roll.

jimrk
02-05-2015, 12:18 PM
As others have said I would be VERY careful. IMHO buying is WAY more cost effective - but, he does have some videos that do a pretty good job of showing the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IK0HFbr0uY

Prospector Howard
02-07-2015, 10:13 AM
If you click on his channel he says, "But they are cheaper direct as I don't have to add on to cover the dang fees". Huge red flag as rolltide pointed out. Good chance it's the same guy, be careful.

blltsmth
02-07-2015, 01:21 PM
That long nosed punch to push up the jackets into the dies LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE HE SENT ME TO MAKE 22LR JACKETS. If it is HG re-incarnated, the punch would only work 3-4 times and then twist itself into a pretzel! CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
02-07-2015, 01:24 PM
Was it not heat treated?

blltsmth
02-07-2015, 09:17 PM
It was not!!!

Utah Shooter
02-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Not to say this is or isn't John but it sure does not sound like the guy I have talked to on the phone.

aaronraad
02-08-2015, 09:24 PM
From recent email conversations with Kelly Harvey of JKS Swage, it would seem that they are trying to move excess stock or cancelled orders.

Although they do make blanking and jacket drawing dies for bullet swagers, their commitment to established customers is already significant and they would prefer to keep their lead-time measured in weeks, not months.

They also seem to be well aware of the HG Firearms debacle.

Like so many others time will be the revelator.