PDA

View Full Version : Gnatwarfare

quilbilly
02-03-2015, 01:13 PM
I just watched the video of this outfit that uses drones as targets for shotguns. It looks like more fun than you should be allowed to have but must be hugely expensive to play. It is located in the Phoenix area. Anybody have any experience with it and the cost?

2wheelDuke
02-03-2015, 01:25 PM
I've never heard of it. And it does sound expensive. I wonder if they could modify them to where the more crucial components are armored, and there would be easily replaced parts like that got blown away to shoot them down.

762 shooter
02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
I've never heard of it. And it does sound expensive. I wonder if they could modify them to where the more crucial components are armored, and there would be easily replaced parts like that got blown away to shoot them down.

Apparently they are armored. You hit explosive tabs on the belly of the drone to see hits.

He will run the thing for your club for about $4000 per day. Info by Google.

1Shirt
02-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Think I will stay with clays or doves!
1Shirt!

gwpercle
02-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Those folks just got more money than sense. $4000.00 a day....not on my watch!
Gary

xs11jack
02-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Isn't that the outfit that uses radio controlled aircraft? I saw a video some time ago that had them and I am sure it was around Phoenix. Those model aircraft buzzed by while people with class 3 weapons mostly missed them. Kinda funny.
Ole Jack

Col4570
02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
We used to have some fun with a Dog training Dummy launcher powered with .22 blanks,it would send an empty coke can high into the air.Not as good as a Drone but much cheaper.

bikerbeans
02-04-2015, 05:20 PM
I am waiting for someone to fly a drone over my property so I can shoot it down, but I don't plan on paying $4k.

BB

beagle
02-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Use to watch the Air Defense guys when I was in the Army shoot at the model airplane "drones" with towed 20mm Vulcans. They were made of Styrofoam and after a fuel tank's worth of flight, they'd recover them and count the hits (solid projectiles and not HE), patch the holes and relaunch. Looked like a load of fun. Every once in a while, they're hit a fuel tank/engine and get a real "kill". Big cheer happened when one went down in smoke and flames. The troops loved it.

We need more states to issue Drone Hunting Licenses to keep things legal and prevent over population./beagle

quilbilly
02-05-2015, 05:28 PM
I just looked at all those shotguns being used by those shooters and all looked very expensive. I decided I wouldn't fit in with my old Savage S/S 20 ga. with the beat up stock that I have taken out on saltwater for decades and makes ducks fall out of the sky with regularity. Hate to make those rich guys feel bad for their $4000. It would be good practice for shooting teal which fly about as fast.