PDA

View Full Version : Home made projects

mugsie
02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
I think we need a sticky on home made projects - what have you guys made up in the way of gadgets, gizmos and other such stuff to aid in our hobby? I am looking for a home made heater for the Lyman 4500, but whatever you've made up - post it here and let's see it.

redbear705
02-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I made a members idea that I got here.

Its a 1/2"x 6"x12" piece of aluminum that is drilled and tapped to handle two lyman450's side by side.

I mounted the plate about a quarter inch above my work top.

I went and bought a cheap iron for $10 to set on the back of plate and after a couple of uses I have appropriate settings marked for the different lubes I use.......cheap and efficient...thanks for the idea!

no camera at this time so no photo:(

JR

beagle
02-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Crazy Mark's got a dandy design. Made me one and it works really good......../beagle

kodiak1
02-27-2008, 09:13 PM
I want to build a turn tablr to anneal brass. Seen one on Carbine Tree (I believe that is where I seen it). Bar B Que Rottiserre motor and some other metal work looked really good.
Thought it was clean and to the point.
Ken.

Calamity Jake
02-28-2008, 10:07 AM
I want to build a turn tablr to anneal brass. Seen one on Carbine Tree (I believe that is where I seen it). Bar B Que Rottiserre motor and some other metal work looked really good.
Thought it was clean and to the point.
Ken.

I use a old record player for a turntable to anneal cases. I set the cases in a #3 coffee can that has been cut down to about ½ of it's hight and has a 5/8" ID deck washer(flat washer) superglued to the bottom in the center, that makes it easy for you to put the case in the center of the can all the time.

fornra
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Well since I dabble with some gunsmithing and plan to get more into it soon I built a fold down table in my reloading room which is attached to my bench.
I decided to move my hobby out of the house because I had more powder than I wanted inside. I got an 8'x16' utility building and converted it into my own little getaway. It has a frige, heat ,airconditioning and a stereo.

Buckshot
02-29-2008, 02:50 AM
.............There is a complete forum here for that. It's called "Special Projects".

..............Buckshot