PDA

View Full Version : Who does reboring of muzzleloaders?

newton
02-02-2015, 05:32 PM
If one of my barrels does not sell I am STRONGLY considering having it rebored/lined to a smaller diameter. I know it would be on the heavy side of things for a rifle, but maybe I could cut the barrel down while I was at it. I know you can buy liners from track of the wolf and places, but who does the actual boring of the muzzleloader? I remember hearing about someone a while back, and they were rather decent on their prices. Cant seem to find the info though.

skeettx
02-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Give these folks a call, but I bet a new barrel would be cheaper

http://www.redmansrifling.com/relining.htm

Mike

p.s. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?267073-4-Barrels-for-sale

pietro
02-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Bobby Hoyt (google him)

carbine
02-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Bobby Hoyt in PA rebores muzzle loaders as The freishutz shop

newton
02-03-2015, 10:47 AM
I think it was bobby hoyt that I heard does boring fairly inexpensively. I just remember it only being like $60 or so for a guy to have one bored. I would be halfway tempted to do it myself to tell you the truth. I am pretty sure I could do the liner myself, I have seen it done before. Then find someone with a lathe to finish the crown.

Its a fleeting thought maybe. I highly doubt I could buy a barrel cheaper, unless I had someone do all the work. Plus, I do not think you can find small caliber replacement barrels for Renegade stocks. The only size I would be interested in is a 32cal and under. I just think it would be neat to have a small pea shooter like that.

I guess I could just buy one(not that I am even really wanting to do something like that right now), but I cannot find any for under $400. I already have the barrel(that's my post selling those barrels) if no one wants to buy it.

Its just all thoughts in my head. I have WAY to much going on right now to think of doing anything like this any time soon. But it popped in my head yesterday so I figured I would go ahead and ask.

Thanks guys.

bubba.50
02-03-2015, 01:55 PM
all I can add to this conversation is it will be an unwieldy beast. I had a 36cal barrel on a Renegade & it handled like a fence-tampin' bar tied to a 2 by 4. luck to ya & have a good'en, bubba.