PDA

View Full Version : This place has cost me a bunch of money and now has cost me more

jonp
01-31-2015, 07:36 PM
I was reading the 75,000WC thread and it ate at me so much that I started looking around with the intent of replicating it. I was looking for a SW 19/27/28 but ended up finding a SW 15 Combat Masterpiece NIB.

Yup, unfired in the original box. Nothing but lead WC will go down the barrel of this gun.

Let's see how long it takes me to climb each 10k mark.

PS: don't tell my wife that's where my tax return is going.:-P

Green Frog
01-31-2015, 08:09 PM
A much better use for the $$$ in your tax return than what the government spent most of what it kept! ;)

Bohica793
01-31-2015, 08:15 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/icons/icon6.png This place has cost me a bunch of money and now has cost me more
I'm not sure if you are bragging or complaining.....

375supermag
01-31-2015, 08:24 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/icons/icon6.png This place has cost me a bunch of money and now has cost me more

I'm not sure if you are bragging or complaining.....

He's bragging...I'm sure. I would be too...

bhn22
01-31-2015, 09:57 PM
Need an H&G wadcutter mould? Might as well go all the way!

bedbugbilly
01-31-2015, 10:49 PM
You're going to love that Smith CM - a great handgun. I have one and it's a great shooter with lead boolits! Congrats on finding a use for your tax refund . . . like already mentioned . . . you put it to better use than the guv'mt did with what they kept. Have fun!

GP100man
02-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Really???? He found a model 15 NIB & gonna cast/load more than 75k rounds !!!!

I`d brag also !!

What money ?????

Be Safe!!

GP

bhn22
02-01-2015, 11:04 AM
The gun will appreciate more than the stock market will.

Murphy
02-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Congratulations on your new S&W Combat Masterpiece. I've yet to read anything bad about the S&W Combat Masterpiece/Model 15.

Note: With a little looking around here on the site, I know 3 of the members got together to test for the best full wadcutter mold. I believe Buckshot was one of them. The three members all used identical Combat Masterpieces and various molds from various makers.

If I'm correct, it was an H&G full wadcutter mold and (ready for this?) the LEE version of the 148 grain wadcutter that topped them all for accuracy.

Murphy

Petrol & Powder
02-01-2015, 11:28 AM
I'll start by saying that I'm extremely jealous that you found a NIB Model 15 !
I'm trying to convert that jealousy to admiration.......Nope....not working, still jealous ;)

That is a great endeavor and a good use for your money that the government is giving back to you.

jonp
02-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Congratulations on your new S&W Combat Masterpiece. I've yet to read anything bad about the S&W Combat Masterpiece/Model 15.

Note: With a little looking around here on the site, I know 3 of the members got together to test for the best full wadcutter mold. I believe Buckshot was one of them. The three members all used identical Combat Masterpieces and various molds from various makers.

If I'm correct, it was an H&G full wadcutter mold and (ready for this?) the LEE version of the 148 grain wadcutter that topped them all for accuracy.

Murphy

I've got a Lee 358145 WC I got from someone here I think. It's a single cavity that I bought to try out. Pretty sure I'm not casting that many boolits with a single cavity as I have to work for a living too. I have had good luck with a 158gr SWC so might try that with target loads behind it.

I doubt I'll make it to 75,000K so am shooting for 100rds a week to start then I'll see how it go's. When it comes in I'll post some pictures of it new before firing and then at each 1,000k update.

captaint
02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Murphy - I read a similar story regarding wadcutter tests. I think it was in Ken Waters" Pet Loads, the full version. The Lee won that test also. I was amazed. And also to jonp - If memory serves, Texasflyboy used a model 27. Dash 2, I think. Anyway he sent it in to S&W for a tune up after all the wadcutters. I have no doubt a model 15 will make it just fine. It is a K frame, though. I do love both the K and the N frames. The greatest of revolvers. Enjoy your endeavor. Wish I had the time.

jonp
02-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Captaint: it was a 27 which was what I wanted to try but the 15 was too good of a deal to pass up.

I am going to deviate a little from texasflyboy. I have the Promo to go over the 75k mark so am going to start with it. I'll load a similar velocity and pressure.

Firebricker
02-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Congratulations I am a big fan of the model-15. How could someone abuse that revolver by not shooting it? LOL FB