PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 Volquartsen trigger problem

Jungle867
01-31-2015, 10:07 AM
I have a newer 10/22 that I installed a Volquartsen trigger pack, inot a drop in unit but the kit with all of the parts. I used the shims that were provided with the kit but there is still side to side play in the actual trigger. When I set the trigger stop, I have to adjust it to have more travel so that it fires consistently. If I adjusted to where the it should be the gun only fires 50% of the time. The other 50% I have to either squeeze really hard or rock the trigger to a side and use the space that still exists. Is there a way for me to correct this?

lefty o
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
there has to be a certain amount of overtravel in the trigger. set it to minimize overtravel, and yet function 100%.

Jungle867
02-02-2015, 01:23 AM
That is what I did. But when it functions 100% there is a ton of over travel. Way to much to be right.

there has to be a certain amount of overtravel in the trigger. set it to minimize overtravel, and yet function 100%.

Artful
02-02-2015, 05:52 AM
I used the shims that were provided with the kit but there is still side to side play in the actual trigger. When I set the trigger stop, I have to adjust it to have more travel so that it fires consistently. If I adjusted to where the it should be the gun only fires 50% of the time. Is there a way for me to correct this?

sounds to me like you need more shims added from what you describe.

country gent
02-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Almost sounds like something isnt square or parrallel to each other. If pushing the trigger from side to side creates overtravel. Shims may keep it in the same location side to side allowing for more consistent settings.