PDA

View Full Version : New RCBS press is coming out

TheDoctor
01-30-2015, 06:24 PM
Just saw a youtube video on a new press called a Pro Chucker 7. 7 station progressive. Now we're startin to talk! Opticplanet already lists it, but not sure if it is for sale yet.

Still holding out for a 7 station Lock n Load.....

Artful
01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alestMi_c9s

dragon813gt
01-30-2015, 06:50 PM
That's what I'm talking about. Perfect for cast bullets that need a M die and separate seat and crimp. Now I'm interested in a progressive.

FLHTC
01-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Seven stations, ten stations, you still only get one round for each pull of the handle. My RL550B and Square Deals do that too.

TheDoctor
01-30-2015, 07:47 PM
Size, flare, charge, powder check, seat, and crimp separately on that 550 or square deal, then come tell me how you do it.

This started as a FYI post for those that are interested. Figured it wouldn't be too long before someone came along and started bashing. Very mature man, thank you for showing it.

Mike Kerr
01-30-2015, 07:57 PM
Impressive so far. Wonder what the MSRP is?

TheDoctor
01-30-2015, 08:00 PM
http://www.opticsplanet.com/rcbs-pro-chucker-7-progressive-press.html

GRUMPA
01-30-2015, 08:04 PM
Impressive so far. Wonder what the MSRP is?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/rcbs-pro-chucker-7-progressive-press.html

jmort
01-30-2015, 08:32 PM
9 bills, it must be the best thing this side of a 1050

vonzep
01-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Did anyone else see all the slop in the die plate?

M-Tecs
01-30-2015, 08:47 PM
Size, flare, charge, powder check, seat, and crimp separately on that 550 or square deal, then come tell me how you do it.

This started as a FYI post for those that are interested. Figured it wouldn't be too long before someone came along and started bashing. Very mature man, thank you for showing it.

Well stated sir!!! :drinks:

HGS
01-30-2015, 08:51 PM
Press looks real nice, but think I'll wait and see how things work out with that kind of price.

HGS

jmort
01-30-2015, 09:00 PM
I would be more interested in the five station model. It do look rock solid.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-30-2015, 09:01 PM
Did anyone else see all the slop in the die plate? That's a press set up at a show and that's had a thousand hands playing with it. I wouldn't make too many assumptions about slop right now.

kweidner
01-30-2015, 09:27 PM
If having to make a choice right now........ Likely would hold out for the 1050 until new product proves itself if I was in a position and needed another progressive. Neat idea and some neat features. I do hate RCBS powder throwers......Dillin would need a mr bullet feeder and this a case feeder. I will surely follow it and see how it goes. I like the flexibility. Anyone know if it will swage mil primers?

M-Tecs
01-30-2015, 09:47 PM
Anyone know if it will swage mil primers?

Since it primes on the down stroke I would guess no. You can purchase add on swagers on ebay for 650's but the lack of case support is rumored to create long term problems.

jmorris
01-30-2015, 09:53 PM
I have to wonder why they ditched the APS system?

$890 is not that far from the cost of the LNL "ammo plant" (except no case feed).

However, it looks like a waist of time and energy.

Seven stations that adds nothing that you can't get out of 5 on a 650 with a GSI tool head, combine feed/seat in one station and expand/flare with powder drop.

Push (feel) priming and no swage makes it quite unlike a 1050.

cheese1566
01-30-2015, 10:45 PM
I'd still take one if it were free!
I'd take a Dillon too, but would sell it off for more green things!

jmorris
01-30-2015, 10:47 PM
I'd still take one if it were free!

Me too.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-31-2015, 01:04 AM
I have to wonder why they ditched the APS system. Having used the APS system for several years, I can comfortably attest to it's absolute reliability and safety if set up correctly. But like some innovative things, it hasn't been popular with the general public and the Pro 2000 hasn't sold like RCBS has wanted it to.

$890 is not that far from the cost of the LNL "ammo plant" (except no case feed). Yes, as usual, RCBS presses are expensive. But like Dillon, that's how they pay for their absolutely no BS warranty, even on stuff bought second hand.

Seven stations that adds nothing that you can't get out of 5 on a 650 with a GSI tool head, combine feed/seat in one station and expand/flare with powder drop. I agree with you on this one, except they also have a 5 station version of this press out. The 7 stations was an answer to many customers who wanted to add specialty dies for specific purposes (like the Lyman M-die and such), but typical RCBS, by the time they bring the press to market, there's other solutions (NOE inserts and custom made powder funnels) that make the7 stations somewhat unnecessary. It does, however, give room to place odd shaped, oversized doodads such as a Dillon trimmer without any crowding. Using the right lube, one could fully process rifle brass on that press. Just need a lube that if some gets in the neck, it won't affect the powder and a vacuum on the trimmer.

One thing I do like is the mechanical system. It's improved over the Pro 2000 and has alignment pins to keep things running in time, especially if an inexperienced operator short strokes the press, which I saw on one "reporter video" on you tube.

Push (feel) priming and no swage makes it quite unlike a 1050. I like the push (feel) primng, but am disappointed they didn't go ahead and add a swage. At that price, the press should have one.

Let's hope RCBS continues to evolutionize this new press and adds a swager. I'm not that much interested in a case feeder or bullet feeder, as these can be done by oneself much cheaper. (you've demonstrated that over and over JMorris) Or if one wants, there are premium bullet and case feeders to be had.

Having owned a Hornady and now owning the RCBS, I am thinking the RCBS 7 stage with a swager and aftermarket feed systems would be a pretty potent press. I'm comfortable saying the Pro 2000 is mechanically superior to the Hornady (less adjustments, hold adjustment permanetly once installed as far as I can tell), but this new press is untested, so hard to say, it looks good at first glance.

If I wasn't getting a business up off the ground during the slow season, I'd probably grab one and look at a total upgrade with after market feeders. But that's my "want" side versus my "need" side. I like new toys.:)

jmorris
01-31-2015, 02:49 AM
I hear you. I always though a press that would allow single pass prep, trimming (the vacuum manifold and motor obstructs stations to ether side of the die) and loading of rifle rounds would be nice but even the 8 stages of the 1050 cannot do it.

Automate the prep and or loading and it at least reduces the work one has to do but that is even more money and/or work.

I feel that it is nice for them to see the interest in more capable machines, just not an advancement, with what is already out there. Maybe a step back with the way RCBS progressive users love the APS strips. The step away from them will only make it harder to get preloaded primer strips.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
01-31-2015, 03:19 AM
I'm guessing and this is only a guess, that the RCBS 7 station may have more physical room and may have a different layout than the Dillon 1050 that may or may not allow it to have the room for the trimmer. Only way to know for sure is to order one and try it or wait until someone else does.

I'm with you on the motor obstruction of the 1200 Trimmer. It's such a good unit though, shame it isn't thinner.

I also agree about the strips. It's going to force me to either buy a bunch of primers in the pre-loaded strips in each caliber or buy more of the funky colored ones they offer you can buy without primers. I prefer the white ones though. I like to re-use them and after reloading the strips with primers, I use them to fill up a wooden cigar box with a particular brand, size and type. Then I tape a 3X5 card inside the lid of the cigar box with the relevent "dope" and stick them in the cabinet for when I'm ready to use them.

Many of the users just order massive quantities preloaded and have 5 gallon buckets full of the empty strips, so they should be okay for the lifetime of their press.

jmorris
01-31-2015, 03:35 AM
The dillon trimmer problem could be solved with a longer shaft on the motor, if it can remain precise, and used with tool heads like the GSI. So one can eliminate the manifold.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/IMG_20141231_101016_603-1_zps04d5d37a.jpg

A bearing in the die itself could fix any issues but the Dillon presses have been the same for many years.

Makes the warranty easy and they never seem to be obsolete. My 30 year old SD's are worth twice what I paid for them back then, or more. Can't say the same thing about the Hornady projector or RCBS 4x4's. That makes guys that have been around for decades shy of "new and improved" a bit.

I just figured someone would bring something to market that actually offers more. Guess I expect too much...

FLHTC
01-31-2015, 05:54 AM

The carbide die sizes and deprimes and the primer is seated at the first station, the second station expands the case and drops the powder, the third station is where I add the bullet and visually check the powder( I can look right down and see it)and also seat the bullet, the fourth station crimps the finished case. Don't always associate criticism with immaturity. That places more emphasis on yourself than someone else.

FLHTC
01-31-2015, 06:05 AM
I have to wonder why they ditched the APS system?

$890 is not that far from the cost of the LNL "ammo plant" (except no case feed).

Seven stations that adds nothing that you can't get out of 5 on a 650 with a GSI tool head, combine feed/seat in one station and expand/flare with powder drop.

Push (feel) priming and no swage makes it quite unlike a 1050.

Well stated Sir!!!

EDG
01-31-2015, 07:13 AM
Your Dillon RL 550 does not automatically advance. I really dislike that missing feature.

Seven stations, ten stations, you still only get one round for each pull of the handle. My RL550B and Square Deals do that too.

dragon813gt
01-31-2015, 07:32 AM
There is no comparison between this press and. Dillon SDB and 550. The 550 is not auto indexing and the SDB is for pistol rounds only. The 650 is a direct competitor.

I like the idea of seven stations. So will other people that want to use off the shelf parts. NOE doesn't make many powder through expanders so expanding and powder throwing is still two separate steps. I don't want to buy aftermarket feeders and such to make a press work. This press fills a niche for people like me. I don't see them selling a lot of them. But it's nice to see them offer a press w/ more stations.

Bonz
01-31-2015, 07:58 AM
I'm excited, thanks for sharing. As you can see by the comments, everyone loads differently. I could definitely use this 7 station press because I need 6 stations. With my current 5 station press, my choice is to have a "Powder Cop" die or bullet feeder die. Of course, I don't load cast or powder coated bullets on my progressive press. My bullet feeder dies work really well with copper plated or jacketed bullets.

jmorris
01-31-2015, 11:46 AM
That's what I'm talking about. Perfect for cast bullets that need a M die and separate seat and crimp. Now I'm interested in a progressive.

Except RCBS says their feeder will not work with cast bullets.

TheDoctor
01-31-2015, 11:51 AM
The carbide die sizes and deprimes and the primer is seated at the first station, the second station expands the case and drops the powder, the third station is where I add the bullet and visually check the powder( I can look right down and see it)and also seat the bullet, the fourth station crimps the finished case. Don't always associate criticism with immaturity. That places more emphasis on yourself than someone else.

First off, I apologize for the maturity comment, that was uncalled for. I do not know you, so I can not make that judgement. The intent of this post was to let people know what was coming out. Then here comes the "you don't need this" comments, from several people. I have a Square Deal, and no, the way I like to load, I can not do with it what I could do with a seven station. And what someone NEEDS is totally irrelevant, needs is a personal thing. What someone WANTS is a totally different matter. Someone who wants a Hummer, but never leaves the pavement doesn't NEED one, or at least that can be a persons opinion. Someone who wants a 338 Lapua, but doesn't shoot beyone 200 yards doesn't NEED one. Statistically, most gunfights end in 5 rounds or less, so no one NEEDS a hi cap mag, right? I get a little chapped when someone starts telling someone what they do not need. Need has nothing to do with anything. I do not need this press. Not sure if I even want one. I can get by with a single stage

TheDoctor
01-31-2015, 12:04 PM
The die turret having slop should be a very easy fix. I can not tell how many set screws are in the top of that press, but it would/should be rather simple to drill and tap seven holes to where a set screw would tighten down and firmly hold the turret plate on its flanges.

One thing that is appealing to me is it appears that you can put the powder measure anywhere on the turret, just like a Lock n Load. Being restricted to a specific station is not cool.

dragon813gt
01-31-2015, 01:30 PM

Fair enough. Looks easy enough to use preloaded tubes like you would w/ a Star. Making something like that work is doable for someone w/out a lathe. Making plugs so you can expand an charge at the same time is not.

NavyVet1959
01-31-2015, 01:57 PM
I could definitely see a need for a 7-stage press for reloading duplex loads for a .45-70.

1. resize case and deprime
2. flare case
3. drop fast "kicker" powder
4. tamp fast powder flat / compress it
5. drop slower .50BMG or 20mm powder
6. seat bullet
7. crimp case

Even better would be designing a system that was modular so that you could add as many stages on it as you needed. I'm not sure exactly how this would be accomplished, but I suspect that the various stages would need to be in-line instead of in a circle like you see with most presses these days. Probably easier to do if you had some sort of electrical actuator for moving the ram instead of relying on a person to physically operate a lever.

bbqncigars
01-31-2015, 03:50 PM
It looks like a nice press. However, I dislike the case retention system and the Dillon 'paper clip' case feed station. Those are two important things that Hornady got right, and that I hated on my Dillon 550.

r1kk1
01-31-2015, 04:37 PM
I can't wait for more information. I wonder:

What's the longest cartridge that can loaded on it?
Will there be as many shellplates as the 550 or the ability to have a custom one made?
Can it go from 5 to 7 stations and back if a need should ever arise?
Will it be subcaliber and both caliber Linebaugh friendly?
What are the specs such as ram diameter, weight, etc.?

The 7 station looks really tight for lock ring choice.
I don't mind the primer tube maybe there will be a RCBS version of a filler.

take care

r1kk1

FLHTC
01-31-2015, 08:17 PM
First off, I apologize for the maturity comment, that was uncalled for. I do not know you, so I can not make that judgement. The intent of this post was to let people know what was coming out. Then here comes the "you don't need this" comments, from several people. I have a Square Deal, and no, the way I like to load, I can not do with it what I could do with a seven station. And what someone NEEDS is totally irrelevant, needs is a personal thing. What someone WANTS is a totally different matter. Someone who wants a Hummer, but never leaves the pavement doesn't NEED one, or at least that can be a persons opinion. Someone who wants a 338 Lapua, but doesn't shoot beyone 200 yards doesn't NEED one. Statistically, most gunfights end in 5 rounds or less, so no one NEEDS a hi cap mag, right? I get a little chapped when someone starts telling someone what they do not need. Need has nothing to do with anything. I do not need this press. Not sure if I even want one. I can get by with a single stage

Apology accepted. The point I was trying to make is that RCBS was simply trying to reinvent the wheel. Everyone wants to grab the customers money and lure them away from what could be a proven product, to spend their money on something new. Auto indexing isn't always what it's cracked up to be but I must say that in my opinion, Dillon has cornered the market on progressives. I like everything about their presses although, I have a seven station Texan on my bench which gets as much use and any of them. When it comes to rifle ammunition, I don't load for volume so the RCBS doesn't do anything for me. I don't even use my 550 for cast bullets because I'm not interested in pumping them out, as much as I am making accurate rounds. RCBS wants a market share in the progressive press arena and it's that simple. They will capture the ones who don't want to use their fingers to rotate a shell plate or peer into their charged cases to see a powder level. One thing is true that their press won't reload the ammunition any faster or any better then the progressives that are already established in the line up.

NavyVet1959
01-31-2015, 08:31 PM
One thing is true that their press won't reload the ammunition any faster or any better then the progressives that are already established in the line up.

Yep, with the current state of the art, it doesn't matter if you have 3 holes or 10 holes, you still only get one completed cartridge with each pull of the press handle after you get the stations loaded up. Now, you might be able to do more checking and quality control if you have more stages since you don't have multiple things all happening at one in a particular stage, but in the end, you are still only getting one completed cartridge with each pull of the press handle. Until you can start doing it inline in an assembly line fashion and automated, you're not going to be getting much more speed out of these things.

Of course, there are some machines that do this, but they're a bit expensive... $38K in this example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCsUscgCDJ0

TXGunNut
01-31-2015, 10:35 PM
Looks good, I suspect it will do well. Personally I have little use for a progressive and my 550 has that covered nicely if I feel the need for speed. This new press would provide more versatility over my Dillon but I don't need the added complexity of an auto advance system. I guess my left thumb isn't much the worse for wear after advancing that plate well over 200K times but I can see where it would be a good selling point.
Nice press. No surprise, tho. It's RCBS.

jmorris
02-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Until you can start doing it inline in an assembly line fashion and automated, you're not going to be getting much more speed out of these things

You can make them go faster than you might think. This is one prepping around 4300 cases an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ieGYpdr9I

I do slow them down a lot when loading though, actually slower than I load manually but then again I am doing something else while it is loading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrFhnDQ-eUU

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-02-2015, 12:51 AM

Who says one has to use an RCBS bullet feeder? What's wrong with mixing and matching?

dudel
02-02-2015, 07:39 AM
RCBS wants a market share in the progressive press arena and it's that simple. They will capture the ones who don't want to use their fingers to rotate a shell plate or peer into their charged cases to see a powder level.

Good point. And to some degree they are looking for people that don't have a big investment in toolheads, SDB die sets, case/bullet feeders, priming systems and other press specific accessories. Having a bunch of 550b toolheads setup will cause me to look very hard at a switch (even to a 650). So the market they are looking at would generally be new loaders. $900 is a big step for a first press, IMHO.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
The dillon trimmer problem could be solved with a longer shaft on the motor, if it can remain precise, and used with tool heads like the GSI. So one can eliminate the manifold. Problem is, Dillon hasn't invested in money in reloading equipment development and design in many years.

A bearing in the die itself could fix any issues but the Dillon presses have been the same for many years. Yep

Makes the warranty easy and they never seem to be obsolete. My 30 year old SD's are worth twice what I paid for them back then, or more. Can't say the same thing about the Hornady projector or RCBS 4x4's. That makes guys that have been around for decades shy of "new and improved" a bit. Guys that have been around for decades probably aren't in the market for a new press in many instances though.

I just figured someone would bring something to market that actually offers more. Guess I expect too much...

The problem fixers you mentioned from GSI are great, except GSI only makes stuff for one brand. And if one wants to add new stuff to one's press, one has to go with more stations unless one owns a Dillon. But Dillon stuff has been around a long time. The mechanics on them work, but aren't all that great. I can honestly say the advance mechanism of the Pro 2000 I have is superior to the Dillon. Their newer mechanism is simple, superior to all current auto advance mechanisms I have seen (simple, will hold adjustment and doesn't have a tendency to toss powder out of small cases).

While like you I have combined many functions on my five station press, I can also see the potential of separating some functions. This allows you to fine tune the individual function, where sometimes combining a function forces you to compromise a bit on one or both functions to get the two to work together.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-02-2015, 02:32 PM
It looks like a nice press. However, I dislike the case retention system and the Dillon 'paper clip' case feed station. Those are two important things that Hornady got right, and that I hated on my Dillon 550.

I owned the Hornady LnL for many years and I now own the RCBS Pro 2000. I can say on the RCBS, the case retention system and paper clip spring have worked very well for me. No broken springs, no hang ups on ejection and no problems with feeding cases when feeding by hand.

r1kk1
02-02-2015, 10:32 PM
Sent an email to RCBS to see what shellplates load what cartridges. I hope they have what I'm after or offer a custom order side maybe through Huntingtons. It needs to be as versatile as my 550.

take care

r1kk1

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-03-2015, 12:55 AM
I don't know about the new press, but in RCBS's last two renditions, the shellplates they put out for the progressives corresponded directly to the shell holders they have for single stage presses. I had no problems refitting to the RCBS shellplates after selling off my Hornady progressive.

I miss the LnL bushings, but really like the RCBS shell plate advance system, very smooth, simple and reliable.

I did notice on the only video out on the new press at the shot show, the dies were not properly set up and the press had a problem with a case not going into the seating die. The guy didn't give a closeup, but stated his case mouths were opened out too far and interfered with the press's operation.

r1kk1
02-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Well Dave I looked and there are gaps in the lineup of shell plates. That hurts! Hopefully RCBS rectifies the issue.

Take care

r1kk1

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Well Dave I looked and there are gaps in the lineup of shell plates. That hurts! Hopefully RCBS rectifies the issue.

Take care

r1kk1

They may, but my question would be why? Are they calibers that didn't sell in progressive shell holders? If so, it would make me think they are calibers that aren't generally loaded in more than 50 or so at a time. Is there a particular caliber you loaded progressively they don't offer yet?

Bonz
02-04-2015, 05:05 PM
I sent Hornady an email stating that I was disappointed that RCBS beat them in releasing the first press with more than 5 stations. Received the following "cryptic" response ...

sales

Feb 2 at 12:26 PM
(https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=04qm0k9kurnjn#)Charles,

Thank you for the suggestion. All new products are released in October.

Thank you,

Hornady Sales Team
phone 1-800-338-3220

dragon813gt
02-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Sounds like an automated response to any new product inquiries. It's well worded. They don't promise the product you want. But they give you hope that it might be released later this year. Possibly preventing you from purchasing the competitors product. I'm probably looking into it to far.

TheDoctor
02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Thats what it sounds like to me. Dangle a hook, but that doesn't mean there's a worm on it!

NavyVet1959
02-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Sometimes, you have to wonder if you are getting an automated response from a system that just looks for key words or whether there is a person who has the reading comprehension of a 1st grader or maybe English is just not their 1st language.

r1kk1
02-04-2015, 07:46 PM
They may, but my question would be why? Are they calibers that didn't sell in progressive shell holders? If so, it would make me think they are calibers that aren't generally loaded in more than 50 or so at a time. Is there a particular caliber you loaded progressively they don't offer yet?

405 Winchester and wildcats, same for 444 Marlin, 50 Alaskan and it's shorter brother 500 Linebaugh. I didn't see a plate for the 475 Linebaugh or 22 Hornet and 218 Bee. Weird. Listed in the 2000 lineup.

take care

r1kk1

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-05-2015, 12:18 AM
405 Winchester and wildcats, same for 444 Marlin, 50 Alaskan and it's shorter brother 500 Linebaugh. I didn't see a plate for the 475 Linebaugh or 22 Hornet and 218 Bee. Weird. Listed in the 2000 lineup.

take care

r1kk1

My guess is they didn't sell well enough to continue to carry them. I myself own no rifle in any of the calibers, as I can't take advantage of any of them here. Also, if I had a rifle in that caliber, I'd load it single stage, batch method, as I wouldn't load more than 50 or so at a time.

jmorris
02-05-2015, 10:03 AM
They have shell plates for the odd balls listed here.

http://shop.shooterscatalog.com/charts/RCBS-die-reference_chart-shell_holder-Collet.htm

Looks like the only case they don't offer a 5 station shell plate for is the 25 auto.

The 22 hornet (#12), 475 linebaugh (#40), 444 marlin (#28) and 405 Winchester (#24) are all on the list.

nicholst55
02-05-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm always glad to see innovation in the industry, and people thinking 'outside the box.' I like my RL550B, but wish that it had more stations. I'd like to be able to add a powder check die, and the ability to move the powder measure to a different position and use an 'M' die would certainly be appreciated. I hope this press sells well, and RCBS continues to support it for many, many years. If I can sell my 550 without taking too bad a hit in price on all the add-ons, I might be interested.

r1kk1
02-05-2015, 09:11 PM
My guess is they didn't sell well enough to continue to carry them. I myself own no rifle in any of the calibers, as I can't take advantage of any of them here. Also, if I had a rifle in that caliber, I'd load it single stage, batch method, as I wouldn't load more than 50 or so at a time.

Right now loading them on my 550 for pistol use - Encore. My custom 500 Linebaugh will be done late spring/early summer. I can't wait til it's done!

Take care

r1kk1

r1kk1
02-05-2015, 09:13 PM
They have shell plates for the odd balls listed here.

http://shop.shooterscatalog.com/charts/RCBS-die-reference_chart-shell_holder-Collet.htm

Looks like the only case they don't offer a 5 station shell plate for is the 25 auto.

The 22 hornet (#12), 475 linebaugh (#40), 444 marlin (#28) and 405 Winchester (#24) are all on the list.

Those are for the other progressives.

http://www.rcbs.com/resources/rcbs-issue/2015_RCBS_Catalog.pdf

here is list what shellplates will be available for the ProChucker series.

take care

r1kk1

jmorris
02-05-2015, 10:48 PM
I thought we were talking about the 2000 line, my mistake.

For the prochucker they don't even show a case feed. At that price it will be DOA if they don't come up with one and they will most liely offer shell plates for other calibers at some point. They might not bother though, who needs to load 1000 rounds an hour of any of the calibers we are talking about in an hour. I imagine almost everyone that has 1000 cases in any of the above rounds manufactures them or the target market is all but nonexistent.

TheDoctor
02-06-2015, 09:03 PM
The press is showing available with one shop that I know of. Now, people like to show off their new toys, so why is there still only that one video on youtube? Would be funny if that press was a prototype!