PDA

View Full Version : Forster CoAx short handle

AZ Pete
01-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Can someone tell me the Over All Length of the short handle? I have some 3/4" steel tubing and would like to make one to try out. Thanks for the help.

Pete

Dan Cash
01-30-2015, 06:29 PM
One of my Co-Ax presses has a home fabricated short handle. The grip section is 5" with an additional 1 1/2 reduced diameter section to fit into the handle mortise; 6 1/2 inches overall. The short handle gets 90% of the use.

HGS
01-30-2015, 11:23 PM
The length on my co-ax short handle (from Midway) is 3 1/2" long with 1/2" being threads for the ball handle. It wouldn't fit my older co-ax's as they have a roll pin going all the way through the handle to hold it in. Had to drill a hole for the roll pin to work. Might be the newer co-ax's have a different method of holding their handles. Any new co-ax owner's around??

HGS

AZ Pete
01-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys, I cut one 5" oal, and drilled it for the roll pin. When the paint is dry, I will give it a try. I have another 31" of tubing, so I can try other lengths as needed

bbqncigars
01-31-2015, 03:35 PM
I've never seen the use of an additional handle. I sit off to the side and grab the handle right at the yoke. A flip of the wrist is all most tasks take. It's danged rare that something needs the full force of the press.