PDA

View Full Version : no sales tax on pistols

leeggen
01-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Saw on the news, Tn. is thinking about setting a weekend that all handguns will be tax free. They want to boost the economy and I can't think of a better way to start!:smile:

CD

Edit: Sorry it is for any guns, hunting equip. ammunition.
CD

nagantguy
01-29-2015, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a good start, tn sales tax is higher than ours in MI but we get raped on property tax and its like the third most expensive state on business, and they wonder why so many thousands of buildings are empty?

dragon813gt
01-29-2015, 10:31 PM
It would be 6% less if they did that here. Not enough to make me have to buy one. But it's nice to see them considering this.

cbrick
01-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Should be no tax on anything Constitutionally protected ever.

Rick

dondiego
01-30-2015, 10:34 AM

Rick

I agree with that! I shouldn't have to pay for my permission slip to carry concealed either

dilly
01-30-2015, 10:42 AM
I agree with that! I shouldn't have to pay for my permission slip to carry concealed either

Should you have to apply for said permission slip in the first place?

dondiego
01-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Not in my opinion. That was kind of my point. I have to renew this year too.

Dhammer
01-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Buddy sent me something from MO where they were going to do rifles, pistols and more. Nice to see states considering. Hopefully will happen and spread.

murf205
01-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Saw on the news, Tn. is thinking about setting a weekend that all handguns will be tax free. They want to boost the economy and I can't think of a better way to start!:smile:

CD

That would be a great deal here in central Alabama. In the municipality where I buy my reloading supplies and an occasional gun, the sales tax is 10%.

dondiego
01-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Don't they already impose a tax on firearms and ammo? Pitman-Robertson?

1911KY
01-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Makes me think of this:

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table At which he’s fed.
Tax his tractor, Tax his mule, Teach him taxes Are the rule.
Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts Anyway!
Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.
Tax his ties, Tax his shirt, Tax his work, Tax his dirt.
Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he tries to think.
Tax his cigars, Tax his beers, If he cries, then tax his tears.
Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ***.
Tax all he has Then let him know, That you won’t be done till he has no dough.
When he screams and hollers Then tax him more,
Tax him till he’s good and sore.
Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he’s laid.
Put these words Upon his tomb, ‘Taxes drove me to my doom.. . ‘
When he’s gone, Do not relax, Its time to apply The inheritance tax.
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Excise Taxes
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44. 75 cents per gallon)
Gross Receipts Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Personal Property Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service Charge Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Sales Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most > prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What happened?

Read more at http://1funny.com/the-tax-poem/#hDp14AZcFrvuHTIL.99

trapper9260
01-30-2015, 05:07 PM
You miss one the Trapping License tax or you can call it a Fur License Tax

Geezer in NH
01-31-2015, 04:22 PM
What is a sales tax?:veryconfu

merlin101
01-31-2015, 04:42 PM

Rick
I guess they never heard of a poll tax?

Geezer in NH
01-31-2015, 06:07 PM
I guess they never heard of a poll tax?Stopped many years ago. That was a violation corrected

RayinNH
01-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Stopped many years ago. That was a violation corrected

With WILCO's polls it's a good things.

Hang Fire
01-31-2015, 09:05 PM

Neither permit or cost required here in AZ.

bedbugbilly
01-31-2015, 09:11 PM
nagantguy . . . as a fellow "Michigander" . . . just remember . . . it doesn't make any difference what they tax in Michigan . . . the legislature and governor will spend more than the amount the taxes raise in the first place. After . . . of course . . . Snyder raises the pay of his cronies and we support those who don't want to work . . and bail out Detroit. I'm one of those guys who is "lucky" to own a pretty nice commercial building that I once used for a custom millwork/cabinet shop. Unfortunately, I've had it up for sale for now close to seven years . . . have kept reducing the price to the point of almost "giving it away" . . . and still no interest because the lending institutions want 40% for anyone seeking a commercial loan. Sort of odd how the length of time I've had it up for sale sort of corresponds with the residents of a big white mansion paid for by the tax payers. It's no wonder things haven't improved a whole lot in our state . . but then . . anyone can paint a rosy picture. But I'm not worried because "those in the know" in Washington, D.C. have insured us that the economy is "much better". Funny how this country was started over a protest of "taxation without representation" and yet today, it's the basis for our country . . . just sayin'

bedbugbilly
01-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Hang Fire . . . while it may be true that in AZ your aren't "required" to have a concealed permit . . . just remember . . . there are two sets of rules in many instances just "where" you can carry depending upon if you do not have a permit or if you do. I chose to take the classes here and pay the $60 (I believe that was what it was) so that I had the knowledge of what the rules were.

Example: un-permitted - you cannot be in possession and enter an establishment that serves liquor - permitted - you can carry in but you cannot consume

It also affects your carry rights on certain municipal property such as some parks, etc. AZ law is a little quirky in spots and while it's pretty relaxed out here (I winter south of Tucson) . . . there still are rules and there is always an anti-gunner who could make your life miserable if they know the rules and you don't . . .

An added bonus with the AZ permit is that if you purchase . . it eliminates the background check as you have already been cleared by the Arizona Dept. of Public Safety, your prints are on file, etc. An un-permitted buyer still has to have the background check when buying from a dealer/store . . .

While you can certainly look the rules up on the state website . . . it's worth taking a class to be instructed by a certified instructor who is well versed on the law and can answer any questions.

I'm also permitted in MI and found the class very worthwhile as each state has their own laws and interpretations. While we may not "like" paying for the class - it goes for the instructor's time and knowledge. It's a little late if you break the law due to not knowing it . . . and in the long run, it can cost you much much more for "not knowing it".

Not being critical of your post or comment at all . . . just pointing out that AZ is different than a lot of states when it comes to conceal carry.

marvelshooter
01-31-2015, 09:42 PM
What is a sales tax?:veryconfu

Maybe so but what do you pay in property taxes on a decent house in a town big enough to have a school system and a fire department?

RayinNH
01-31-2015, 11:14 PM
Maybe so but what do you pay in property taxes on a decent house in a town big enough to have a school system and a fire department?

Too damn much. Politicians are theives no matter which state their in.

BAGTIC
02-08-2015, 12:03 PM
How about we let the politicians assess a tax on us but we get to decide on what it is spent.