PDA

View Full Version : Choate stocks sniper/varmint

1johnlb
01-29-2015, 07:26 PM
Looking to change out my factory savage 10 stock for a choate stock and trying to decide between the sniper or varmint. Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of them and if there was any improvement of the rifle. I'm also about to order a shilen heavy bull and thinking I may need the heavier of the 2 (sniper), but really like the look of the varmint better. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Menner
01-29-2015, 10:09 PM

I just ordered a Criterion Barrel from Northland http://northlandshooterssupply.com/ he also has Shilen barrels in stock and is cheaper than ordering directly from Shilen and I had it in less than a week. I also ordered a varmint thumbhole stock from ER Shaw I am just starting to break in the barrel and I do like the stock
Tony

otter5555
01-30-2015, 12:01 AM
Looking to change out my factory savage 10 stock for a choate stock and trying to decide between the sniper or varmint. Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with either of them and if there was any improvement of the rifle. I'm also about to order a shilen heavy bull and thinking I may need the heavier of the 2 (sniper), but really like the look of the varmint better. Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

i have the choate ultimate sniper on my remington m700 sps varmint in 308. it's heavy but thats what i wanted. i pound steel @ 1000 and always shoot better with a heavier rifle. the choate and timney trigger turned brought my .6 moa groups into .35 moa groups.

1johnlb
01-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. Just ordered the varmint, figured I better go with what I like. Looks like it's about 2 pounds lighter than the sniper with the same v block bed system.