PDA

View Full Version : The C4M3RON

r1kk1
01-28-2015, 10:33 AM
http://www.thec4m3ron.com

There are a couple of good videos to watch on this website about a portable reloading bench.

Artful, this has been what I've been looking for.

I spoke with John and pointed him to the vendor section of the forum. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. I and my wife are travel nurses who live in a 5th wheel most of the year. I needed a solution that would allow me to reload anywhere I wanted. Artful, Morris and others inspired me to search out an answer.

The whole experience from start to finish was simple, fast and very professional. I have never received a product better packaged than what came. Assembly was straight forward and instructions are printed inside the lid! 6 parts, 4 dowels and 24 screws plus a bag of sand from Wally World completed the assembly.

I spent some time full length sizing various brass from pistol to rifle and it is solid! The bench weighs around 19 lbs plus the sand and the press add more weight. T-bolts with wing nuts are used with the nicely designed mounting plate. I mounted the Summit as far back as I can as well as forward. It fits RCBS, Dillon, Lee and MEC. John asked me to try it with other presses I own but 95% of those are at home. If any of my presses don't fit the plate, they will make me one free of charge.

When i get home, I will try:

CH4D Champion
CH 3 Station press
Dillon 550
Forster COAX
Lyman Lubrisizer with factory heater
MEC SuperSizer
Ponsness Warren 375c
Ponsness Warren P-200
Redding Ultramag
Star Lubrisizer

I may have forgot something. :)

In the future production I would like to see a piano hinge for the lid as I would rather store bullets rather than pack with sand. The top currently screws down is the reason I chose sand. I would also like to see ¼ turn fasteners like Dzus used for the plate. The plate uses machine screws into threaded female ends so it's ok. I may have to get a hold of Dan for a custom adapter for the plate.

I have some case forming to do when my brass arrives from Starline and keep you posted.

Wow! I'm really loving this accessory.

take care

r1kk1

Alvarez Kelly
01-28-2015, 10:56 AM
That looks like a very nice solution! Congrats!!

LUBEDUDE
01-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Looks like the hot set up!

That would be amazing if that one plate works for all of your presses.

horsemen61
09-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Any updates available I am considering buying this want to know how it's holding up thanks

r1kk1
09-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Update:

The bench has been in the RV with me through AZ, NM, CO, TX, OK, KS and NE.
I use an RCBS Summit press for case forming operations. I also own a CH4D Champion, Redding Ultramag, Forster COAX and Ponsness Warren 375c press but have not mounted these to the bench as of yet. Dan at Inline Fabrications has made for me an adapter plate where I can use his Quick Change Ultramount. I will post about that later.

I have done quite a bit of case forming on this press. The 405 Winchester has been necked down to 375, 35, 338, 8mm, 30, 7mm, 270, and 25 caliber without any hassle. I have necked down 30-30 to 25 caliber in one pass without one case issue. I have necked down 475 Linebaugh to 45 caliber for my wife's pistol and loaded 500 Linebaugh, 510 GNR, 50 Bowen Special, 50 Alaskan and a 416 variant on the Alaskan case, 454 Casull, and a few other cartridges.

I'm impressed would be an understatement with the current setup. The bench rides in the underbelly of the RV. No scratches, dings or anything yet since I bought it. I set it on two five gallon containers and reload from the couch.

PM me and I will give you my phone number and answer any questions you may have. I wish the top was a piano hinge instead of screwed down to allow me to store 50 caliber lead bullets in it for ballast instead of play sand I use.

take care

r1kk1