PDA

View Full Version : 357max chamber reamer

jeff223
01-27-2015, 06:06 PM
does anyone here have a 357max chamber reamer that they rent out?I have a 357mag Handi rifle that i would like to rechamber to 357max.

this barrel i have is not a factory barrel but a custom made one by someone local in Michigan,i dont know who it is though.It has nice deep groves and it should be a nice cast shooter

Tatume
01-28-2015, 08:07 AM
If you don't find a reamer, Mike Bellm can do the job for you.

http://bellmtcs.com/store/

ubetcha
01-28-2015, 08:32 AM
I would recommend Mike Bellm also. It will cost some, but you know it will be done right. He does not just run a reamer into the chamber, but indexes the cutter of a mill or lathe off the lands and grooves to insure the chamber is square to the bore. I had a T/C 12" 357 mag barrel rechambered to 357 max by Mike and I'm very pleased with it so far even though I have not shot it a lot yet. The 357 Max is his favorite caliber, so he puts that little extra attention to it to be sure it right. If it were me and had a custom made barrel like that, I would be sending it to him.

nanuk
01-28-2015, 09:01 PM
or you could join Greybeards and learn everything there is to know about Handis

AND they rent reamers for the DIYer. the Max reamer rental is $10 plus postage.

Oh, that is for US costumers only... no Canadians allowed. (or other Nations)

I see your are from Michigan, so you should be good to go.

jeff223
01-28-2015, 09:49 PM
I now have a 357max reamer coming .This is a very simple chamber to cut and it only takes some cutting oil and about a minute to do.

thanks for the responses