PDA

View Full Version : Very happy with Rotometals

WBG
01-27-2015, 03:46 PM
I want to put a good word in for ROTOMETALS.

I recently placed my first order of assorted lead alloys which came to 47 lbs. One hour after placing the order on their easy to use form, I got an email saying that the order was shipped! In just several days the order was at my door here in Western Canada. It was very well packed, padded and double boxed. Outstanding service. Thanks Rotometals, Brian

noonanda
02-04-2015, 03:36 PM
I like rotometals as well. Here in the People's Republic of California lead is a bad word and is rarer than titanium as all auto shops are required by law to pay to have the lead disposed of

prs
02-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Mail order foundry metal is expensive at $2.00+ per pound. BUT, its already clean and has known values. You don't have to drive to go get it just to find that what you can get at scrap sellers is crud. No sorting, no clip waste or slag to dispose of. No propane to buy. No standing out in the cold wind with the nasty smoke hitting you in the face. It is a hoot to see the postman arrive with it, all red faced and wonder what 'ntarntion is in that box, "its as heavy as lead!"

Rooster

WBG
03-20-2015, 05:01 PM
I want to take it all back! I'm not so happy with them now. Brian

sargenv
03-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Oh? What turned you off from them after praising them initially?

WBG
03-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi sargenv, I got in a stupid arguement with them. Half my fault. I was having a bad-hair day.

I later talked to Non Ferous Metals in Seattle. Met an older guy there who seemed to be more my speed. They deal in small and large quantities and are closer to me. Prices were similar it seemed.
Thanks for asking, Brian