PDA

View Full Version : Powder!

18Bravo
01-27-2015, 02:25 PM
Just an FYI for anyone that may be looking for pistol powder. Just ordered some Bullseye, Power Pistol, Unique and BE-86 at reasonable prices ( around $18.00 per pound) from Recob's Target Shop. If anyone is interested here's the website. The owner says it's going quickly.

http://www.recobstargetshop.com/

nagantguy
01-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Good looking out, thanks!

Love Life
01-27-2015, 02:34 PM
That BE-86 looks interesting.

Bonz
01-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Awesome, a new source for powder ;-)

Bonz
01-27-2015, 02:43 PM
That BE-86 looks interesting.

Just picked up 2 pounds to try. Alliant has some interesting recipes for this powder.

John Boy
01-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Sure are many of these on that website ...
*** If there is NOT a buy button available; that quantity of product is out of stock temporarily.

Love Life
01-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Just picked up 2 pounds to try. Alliant has some interesting recipes for this powder.

I want to try it really bad, but I have a certain amount of Bullseye and Unique I need to stock before I plan to look at boutique powder and applications again. As it stands, I have about 9 lbs of different powders with loads worked up with 45 acp for all powders. Use one up and then move on to the next one.

jonp
01-27-2015, 05:36 PM
I've checked recobs occasionally for shotgun powder but not lately. Never ordered from them.

300winmag
01-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Please Note: We charge sales tax in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio

I will buy elsewhere, haz-mat/shipping cost. Sales tax on top of that.
Thanks for the link, it is good for those of you not living in the states listed for sales tax.

xacex
01-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Please Note: We charge sales tax in Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio

I will buy elsewhere, haz-mat/shipping cost. Sales tax on top of that.
Thanks for the link, it is good for those of you not living in the states listed for sales tax.

Dont blame the vendor. I would seriously look to see who is in your state office, and look at the voting record. Or you can do what I did, and move to a sales tax free state.

mjwcaster
01-30-2015, 12:00 AM
And why do they charge sales tax in the surrounding states, if they have no store there?
State enforcement agreements?

I do like the cheaper hazmat with their speedy delivery service, never heard of that before, could help offset the sales tax.

cajun shooter
01-30-2015, 10:10 AM
The Haz-mat charge is a rip off and has been so since it was first enacted. When was the last time you read where any Fed-X or UPS truck blew up because of transporting gun powder, primers?
It's an added burden placed on all shooters, reloaders by an ignorant bunch of persons who saw a way to increase the profit margin.
I'm a BP shooter and on a box of 10 lbs. of powder, the Haz-Mat charge adds $2.80 per 1 lb. can. Add the shipping cost and you are paying almost $6 above listed retail for each pound of powder. UNREAL!!!