PDA

View Full Version : Quick update on deadbeat fundraiser business and Charity Auction for Bodine

Recluse
01-27-2015, 11:59 AM
I have been homebound with a bad head cold/flu-like crud for the past week and have not made it to the bank to deposit the final checks that arrived in the mail. Those are being deposited today.

But since I had not been able to get out of the house, I transferred my own funds of the same amount sent/pledged and forwarded them to the forum per discussions with No_1. At each transfer, I sent Robert a PM detailing the funds sent and status of the fundraiser. For the members that sent checks, you should see activity on those checks by mid-week or end of week depending on how your respective bank operates.

Their are two final pieces of business to wrap this up, and here is the status of them:

• For the members who specifically directed their funds towards the Server fund, those funds are in the mail to Willy. They were sent out along with some books ordered by some of y'all and my usual once a week trip to the post office.

• For the funds directed to go to Ken (45Nut), I have discussed with No_1 the best/safest and most secure way to get those to Ken and they will be going out in a special package tomorrow (Wednesday 28 January 2015) and I will be snapping a few pictures and forwarding them to Robert in a PM.

Hopefully this will then conclude this episode regarding BSJr.

As for the charity auction for Bodine, I received the winning bid via Paypal and forwarded that to Jeff (Bowles) along with a note letting him and his family know who the winning bidder was and graciously thanking them for their generosity and caring.

For the winning bidder, your books have been signed and shipped and they should be at your mailbox by end of week. They were shipped in a medium flat-rate box via USPS.

My apologies to all for being remiss in updating the communications. I haven't been kicked in the head by a cold like this in many years and while Nyquil shots are indeed a magic elixir, they zap me of all energy.

:coffee:

RED333
01-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Tipping my hat to you Sir, get well soon.
On a side note I hate nyquil for the very reason you posted.

leeggen
01-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Recluse you are to be commended. Not many people would take on such a task.
CD

MaryB
01-27-2015, 09:29 PM
Thank you for handling the task!

mattw
01-27-2015, 09:34 PM
I gotta say, fixing the BSJr problem for users of the site is an amazing thing to do and to take on. Hats off to you all!

xs11jack
01-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Sir, you are a prince among men.
Ole Jack